Part 1: the Crimson King is born

"Run Y/N"

A bearded man pulled his son along who stumbled along the ground, just about keeping up with his father.

"Where's mommy?" He asked fearfully, looking around.

"She's right behind us I'm sure of it..." he said before the body of a woman crashed before them.

"Mommy!" The boy ran towards the woman's body and hugged it, willing it to move.

"I'm sorry...she's gone..." the man pulled his son away before a sword pressed into his back.

"Don't move" a woman with raven hair commanded and the man sighed "We just wanted a normal life..." he said "until you and your headmaster had to ruin it all..."

A second woman, this time with a white cloak landed in front of him. "You're a criminal! You don't deserve to go unpunished!" She said, glaring at the man with her silver eyes.

"You've killed my wife, my son's mother...that makes you better than me how, exactly?"

Two men jumped into view, one carrying a bloodied scythe and the other with two gauntlets with curved blades along the forearm. "Yeah, well she didn't give us much choice..." the man with the scythe said quietly.

"She was protecting her son!" The man growled and took a step forward before he felt the sword dig into his back

"Watch your mouth!" The first woman said

The young boy meanwhile cowered in fear of the four intruders, holding on to a tree.

"Ozpin wants you alive, luckily" She said "or I would've killed you by now, you've developed quite the reputation, a king of murder, red with the blood of his victims, that's why they call you the crimson king.."

She grunted as a rock hit her on the arm. "Leave my daddy alone!" The boy scowled at her.

The woman turned towards the boy "Ozpin didn't mention a son, I doubt he knows you exist..." she said as she twirled her blade threateningly

"LEAVE HIM ALONE" The man yelled and activated his semblance, a dark red figure appeared before him.

"EMPEROR RED!" He quickly swiped at the woman and knocked her to the ground, just as the rest of the team charged at him.

The boy took a few steps back and tripped over a root as he watched his father's final moments.

Emperor Red knocked the woman with the white cloak back, the woman pulled out her weapon which was a double edged Scythe, she slowed her momentum and span it as she charged forwards.

Only for Emperor Red to bury its fist into her abdomen.

Emperor Red then turned to the two men and caught their blades easily, however was unprepared for the slash from the woman who cut it in two.

The man took a step back and turned to his son. "Make me proud...my son, always remember you are destined to sit at the apex of this world.." he said, gently touching his son's face.

The man fell to the floor and came apart as the boy's eyes widened. He let out a yell of fear and grief and suddenly, reality split open.

The boy staggered away from the scene and after a few seconds, the world around him reformed.

"Dad..."