4

"Now Jr. gets off the bed you know better than that,". Maria said

Jr. looked away from Maria, gave his tail a switch and jumped off the bed and walked out the door.

Maria crawled into bed and snuggled down into the soft, cozy bed and clapped her hands to turn off the lights.

Sometime later in the early morning, there is a loud banging sound on the window.

Maria wakes up and grabs her robe from the end of the bed and creeps to the window and takes a peek out her window.

Hanging on a cord by its neck is her fat cat Jr.

He hung by his neck and was making the loud thud sound while his body hit the window smacking it and leaving blood prints on the glass.

Maria screamed and ran to the phone knocking it onto the floor and started scrambling to grab it when she heard a shrill sound.

Realizing it was the phone ringing, she picked it up.

" Hello, who is this?" Said Maria while trying to not look at her poor cat hanging out the window."

I see you found my little gift for you, Came an answer from the other end.

Maria hung up the phone and threw it down again and backed into a corner of her room.

The phone rang and Maria, more afraid than ever ran down the stairs holding the rail so she didn't trip and stumbled.

She got to the front door and tried to unlock the door when she heard a crash and a bang.

Grabbing the doorknob and turning the deadbolt she flung the door wide open and ran into the arms of her next-door neighbor Jeff.