Chapter Three: Ancient Astronauts

The next day, John and I sat together in our history class, a movie about some kind of war on the screen. I barely paid attention and instead drew random images in my notebook. I had already drawn a miniature X-Wing and I was now starting to draw Bernie.

    "Hey, how you two settling in?" I heard Mark whisper next to me. I held in my sigh and ignored him, letting John deal with him.

    "I see you two and Spock are vibing." Mark spoke again, anger starting to boil within me. I noticed John twitch, making me look at him. I then noticed that my pencil had started to move slightly on the page without me touching it. What's happening?

    "Have a soft spot for freaks, do you?" Mark jokingly asked, only making me angrier. I noticed John's hands had started to glow under the table while my pencil continued to move.

    The teacher interrupted him, only Mark laughed slightly.

    "Look, it's cute. It is. You really are adorable, especially you, Jen..." I ignored him as I noticed my pencil start to spin on the page, the speed increasing the angrier I got. John was struggling next to me, his hands continuing to glow and his body temperature rising. I reached over to grab his hand to calm the both of us down, but his hand only glowed brighter as mien grew closer to it. What the hell?

    Suddenly, the pencil flew off of the desk and John's hands glowed brighter. The both of us quickly stood up and rushed out of the classroom, the door opening without either of us touching it. John and I ran to the janitor's closet, trying to get out of sight.

    I pushed John inside and closed the door behind us, my brother immediately shoving his glowing hands into the mop bucket full of water. I tried to focus on him and make sure he was okay, but then the mops and brooms around me started to move on their own. I fell to the floor, my body growing weak. Was I doing this?

    John fell onto his butt next to me, his hands glowing brighter. He tried to shake them to get them to stop, but it wasn't working. A broom flew across the closet, hitting me in the head and knocking me out cold.

++++++++

    I woke up about an hour later in my bed at the house. John explained to me what Henri told him about Legacies and how us Loric children were the only ones who had them. Soon after that, John snuck out to go play with his new abilities. I opted to stay home, my head still hurting from knocking myself out with that broom.

    I grabbed John's laptop and did some digging, finding "Spock's", also known as Sam's, phone number and added it to my very short contact list.

Me-

Hey Sam, this is Jennifer Smith.
I hope you don't mind, but I've decided to ignore what you said yesterday. You are now stuck with me.

Sam-

How did you even get my number?

Me-

I have my ways. So are you going to accept my friendship
or will I have to force it upon you?

Sam-

It doesn't seem like you're giving me much of a choice.
It's your social suicide.