Chapter 4: The incident

🔸🔹Paige's pov🔹🔸
I pull into my drive way to find an ambulance and three cop cars. My dad is being set up on iv's in the ambulance. He's gone the ambulance takes off to the hospital. I ask the cops what's going on and they inform me that my father overdosed. He is in stable condition. Two full bags of cocaine. He snorted. Well I wasn't expecting the next accident to be my dad. "You will be moved to a new home, you can no longer live with your father he is an alcoholic and is mentally unstable" says a lady in a suit. " I have to be with my dad he's all I have left!" I scream back at them. "Go pack up your stuff" the lady tells me. I run in the house and shove my whole room basically into three suit cases and a purse. I shove my phone into my back pocket. Then I go outside. Two men load my stuff into the back of a cop car. "where am I going?" I ask. "you'll be going to Sacramento, California, and living with a very loving family, the great thing is they might adopt you" says the same woman. "Adopt me!?, my dad never had that choice he didn't give me up!" I scream. "He doesn't have a choice darling he's mentally ill" the woman says calmly in reply."what the hell? His wife died he's upset still he's not mentally ill!" I scream. "Dear listen get in the car and calm down now isn't a good time to put up a fight,your dad might die" she yells at me motioning towards the cop car.
I get in the cop car and we drive to the station.