Chapter 2

Say walked into the kitchen. Maybe she could think everything that just went down with some grub? She didn’t care, I mean, there was supposed to be, like, 12 other people here, right? She could just ask the others about anything that she doesn’t understand, well, not everything. Like she ?kinda? Understands Arc. Say walked through the kitchen, only to be met with two similar looking people raiding the cupboards.

“I really want to meet some of the neighbors, I can’t just lock myself in the room ya know.”

“Are you sure of that? I’m pretty sure nobody is gonna break into your room.”

“...So can I raid the kitchen with you guys or…?” Say trailed off as she stared at the two, very confused people.

“Um I guess, just make sure you brush your teeth.” 

“Of course ill brush my teeth, but i can't floss because Arc ate my dental floss because ‘it tasted good’ so yeah” Say responded, walking over to the two. 

“Well i’ll just give you some new floss, maybe some of the unflavored kind?” They turned around to face say, dental mask covering the face.

“That would imply that Arc wouldn’t try and strangle me with it for taking top bunk. He already tried throwing me out of the second floor windows for it.” Say replied in a normal, undisturbed tone.

“Just give him top bunk if he’s gonna try and kill you.”

“Eh, hell try and kill me anyways. And everyone else. He’s a criminal mastermind, He has grabbed a water cup and put sprite in it before. There is no stopping him.”

“EVIL-”

“-Just keep it a secret, we won’t tell him where it is.” The other girl said, hiding her face to the best of her ability.

“Not to intrude, but may I ask why you hide your face?” Say asked curiously. 

“Don’t question it, she can explain it later.”

“K. you girls seem nice, what’s your names? Im Say.”

“”I’m Novo, and she’s insane”

“Hey wait!-”

Insane was cut off by Say.

“Novo, she can introduce herself, ya know. Plus, if anyone here in this chilli’s is insane, It's me.” Say interrupted her dentist.

“I-, people usually just call me hyper, so call me that.”

“Thank you. Do you two know who AoAPP is? Or where i can find them?” Say asked politely. “Also, sorry if I ask a lot of questions. It’s sorta my way to adapting to new things, like moving into this house with people i’ve never met and have no idea if I should be scared of them. I’m scared of Charon.”

“Don’t be scared of anyone, they don't bite. At least the people who are here so far. Also is Mothku still keeping watch? Someones gotta be out there.” Hyper said, gesturing to the front door with her hands. “And Sugar is outback. Just call her AoAPP though, only we really call her Sugar.. Haha dentist joke are you laughing yet?”

“Well, imma go meet her before Arc convinces her to help him plot my murder. By the way, when can you get me that floss?” 

“She’s not a murder kind of person. And the floss is in the bathroom in the dental cupboard.” Hyper explained.” 

“Thanks, Hyper.” Say smiled back at the girl, who was still hiding her face, before walking out of the kitchen to see if Mothku was still there. Then she would go to the backyard, but first, Mothku. Say made her way to the front door.

“Well i mean at least i know you do what people ask” Mothku said right as Say walked outside. She fluttered her wings. “A trustworthy one, huh?” 

“Oh, sorry, I forgot you could hear when people talk about you, my apologies.”

“It's okay, no rude comments were made, and I honestly don't mind if it's not gossip.” She fluttered her wings again. “So who do you think is gonna arrive next? The Elsner’s? Simmons? 

“I’d like to meet Simmons. I've heard he’s nice.”

“Well, he’s nice, but let’s just say he’ll go to extremes for his friends.” She said, implyingly.

“Eh, if he hurts Arc, I make his life a living nightmare, then give him a high five for putting up with me.” Say said, nodding off in the distance.

“If you say so,” she mutters “Have you unpacked?” 

“I unpacked about half my stuff, and some of Arc’s things, but i decided to rest. That’s when Charon woke me up and told me to shut my window, Arc was about to throw me out the window, and Chris was about to break my window with a metal bat. I think I might need help.” Say explained away to Mothku. Mothku was the only the only person other than Hyper and Novo that Say could have a slightly normal conversation with so far. Say thought she had at least become friends with Mothku at this point, she wasn’t really friends with Charon, or Chris yet anyways. But that could change with time, and Say wasn’t worried.

“Sounds like a normal day. You might wanna finish unpacking, i have an odd feeling that the Elsners, Simmons, Glass, and a few others are in the same car on the way here. Just a hunch.” She said, giving say a nice smile. “Charon and Norman are pretty nice despite their weird upbringing, they’re both really friendly.”

Say smiled “Thanks for the advice, Mothku. But, since they’re in the same car, do you think they’ll crash, or…” Say stopped as she heard faint music in the background. 

“CUZ I AIN’T NO HOLLABACK GUUURL!”