三十七

"it's a good thing our manager somehow let honglin off the hook because his dating ban is lifted on the day the sanctions were made," zhixie mumbled.

"another good thing is that honglin-ge can still stay and no rumors were made," maotong said.

they are currently in the company's lounge, eating some of the delivered food they ordered. halin, yanjun, zhixie, maotong and ruotian were there, while the others are doing their own training schedule.

yanjun turned to halin. "what does it feels like when you were a fansite before? i am actually and really curious about that."

even zhixie, ruotian, and maotong scooted closer, expressing their curiosity

halin inhaled. "i guess, being a fan means that you voluntarily let yourself like an artist, or a person in general. you follow them on social media, you keep on tracking their schedules and activities because you wanted to support them in those. but of course, not to the point where you intrude their personal life. i also think people idolize others because of the talent, and not on the face. it's just sad that some think we like idols just because of their faces."

"why do you think fans get angry when they read rumors that their idols are dating someone? like you before, you had dating rumors with jing-ge," maotong asked.

"for that, some fans have this fantasy of dating their idols and they cling to that idea. so they hate whoever their idols date because that person is ruining their chance," halin explained.

"eh, why did you picked zhangjing-ge as your idol?" yanjun asked.

halin pondered. "maybe because of his antics in idol producer? like when his arms are tired already because ronghao-laoshi was asking about your vocals. there's also this one where he was dancing as a center for it's okay stage. by the way, you killed it yanjun-ge. or when he wore that ridiculous outfit in the convenience store. he just makes me feel happy whenever i saw him on tv."

"i already knew about him since your trainee18 days yet i really loved his personality and talent in idol producer," halin finished.

zhixie held her hands. "is it possible that you guys will date now? you already know him personally and i think you guys fit each other."

halin's eyes widened. she didn't know how to answer the question properly.

"i mean, if i can take more time to genuinely know about him, why not? besides, he really cares about me like how he cares about you guys," halin answered.

"and?" maotong added.

"and, yes i am starting to like him more than a friend and an idol."

a splashing sound was heard behind them. it was zhangjing who was carrying milktea.

"can you repeat what you just said, halin?" zhangjing asked.

author's note
pray for me guys 🙏. i'm actually editing this in the waiting area for an entrance exam and i'm shaking. yesterday's a bummer because i found out i failed one of the exams i took 😔.

this exam is a big deal because it's my dream school ever since ninth grade.