三十八

because it's valentine's day ✨
note: i intentionally left out some info from the last chapter. like how did tangram + yanjun knew that halin's a fansite. no worries, zhangjing still doesn't know halin's his fansite.

"hao-ge! i've been wanting to meet you!" halin said as dinghao entered their hotpot booth.

it's been a week since zhangjing heard what she said. and it's been a week since zhangjing started his promotions.

for halin, it's a good thing. for her geges, it's not.

"aiyo, halin, what's up?" dinghao said. jingzuo, zhixie and maotong are also there.

"hao-ge, i have to confess something," halin started their conversation.

"do you like me? oh no, don't. zhangjing likes you," dinghao said. zhixie immediately hit his shoulders.

"ya, dinghao!" he rubbed his shoulders.

"i was just kidding! i already know halin. you like zhangjing, right?" dinghao said.

halin nodded. "but wouldn't it be weird? we just knew of each other recently."

maotong put his chopsticks down. "no you don't. you knew each other even before that, you're his fansite, remember?"

"what i meant was personally knowing each other."

"but you toured malaysia with him, you even produced some of his songs and you are with us almost everyday. it's been half a year since you knew each other," jingzuo said as he puts more meat into the hotpot.

"you should eat more halin. leader-zi might say we are starving you," dinghao said.

"ugh. i've been binging on milktea, i actually gained weight. i just also noticed my hair's longer. i want to cut this already," halin complained.

"you're really stressed out, aren't you? this is just my opinion but you should be honest with your feelings. i know zhangjing's dropping some hints that he likes you," dinghao said.

maotong nodded. "did you know you weren't supposed to be in his promotions team but to be in our promotions team? he personally requested to sicong-laoshi to place you in his team."

"and he also requested to give you this break since he knew you were stressed out because of him," jingzuo added.

halin drank her milktea. "i know but this feeling's new for me. i don't even know how to date someone."

"then, you should maybe try? i mean, you can trust zhangjing," zhixie said.

she inhaled. "okay! i'll decide. i can do this. i really can."

***

they continued eating their hotpot. suddenly, maotong's phone rang.

"oh okay? really? no, she's fine. okay, tell me the address. just there? that's weird, bye!" maotong said.

"who's that?" halin asked.

"the management asked you to return to the company. they need something. seriously though? why do they have to call me when they can call you?" maotong said. they started to stand up.

"yeah, we should return to the company. dinghao! let's eat again here, okay? let's go halin."

***

preview of the next chapter:

"this will probably a shock to you, but i wanted to formally ask you. can i court you?"

"..."

"oh my gosh. just say yes already!"

"don't pressure her! they just met again after a week."

"...yes, you can court me."

"finally! he can stop chatting me about asking you out for a date!"