12

Not edited

-

One and a half months later...

I lastly pack my sandals and zip up my luggage unwillingly.

We decided on staying in Greece for three days and then go to Turkey afterwards. From what we have gathered through our research there's a place called Bodrum in Turkey which seems to be the ideal location for summer trips. At least that's what Hannah says. Plus, we never go places anywhere other than in the US, so this will be a good change from our usual summer.

I honestly don't really care about where we are going. It's safe to say I'm beyond stressed about seeing Ava, more so spending almost a week and a half with her. We haven't seen each other ever since the game, and I'm not looking forward to our reunion.

My bell rings just when I put all my stuff at the entrance. I open the door to see Arvid, Hannah and Brian looking at me with the biggest grins on their faces.

"Are you ready?!" Hannah excitedly asks.

"Yup." I answer, taking my backpack and luggage, unable to be as enthusiastic as them.

"Come on bro! It gon' be a hella sick trip." Brian throws his arm around my shoulders, urging me to celebrate.

I put on a fake smile in order to not be a party pooper and we start walking to Arvid's SUV. The four of us are going with Arvid's car, and Romeo, Blossom, Tyler and Emma are going with Tyler's. As for Ava—

I stop dead in my tracks when I see her loading her luggage into the car, looking so goddamn stunning while doing so. My eyes roam down her body. I watch as her dark skin glistens under the bright sunlight and her hair fly with the wind. She is wearing black shorts and a black tank top with a bunch of jewelry. What I mean by this is that she look so fucking hot.

"Jason? Bro you okay?" Brian questions.

"I think he is going to take his time. Come, give me your bags." Arvid says to Hannah and Brian, and they listen to him, walking towards the car to load their luggage.

It's at that moment when Ava's eyes catch mine, and she stops what she is doing. I see a small but sad smile appear on her lips in the form of a greeting, and I make sure to return it. When she sees me smiling back, she starts walking to me, and I swear I can hear my heart pounding. My hands start to sweat and under the scorching sun, I feel like fainting.

"Hi Jason." She softly and quietly says once she is close to me.

I can't form words for a solid minute, lost in her eyes. Then I manage to shake myself out of my trance.

"Hi. H-how are you?"

"Good, I guess." She pauses for a few seconds, looking around her awkwardly. "How about you?"

"Good... I guess."

She nods slowly, biting her lower lip. Then silence falls upon us. Neither of us speak and we just stare into each other's eyes.

I realize how much I have missed staring at her features, feel the heat radiating from her body, take in her beautiful scent... I feel my muscles weaken.

She is the first one to break our eye contact. "Uhh... Well, we better get going."

"Yeah." I scratch the back of my head nervously. "Definitely, let's go."