Caught (Yandere! Taehyung)

"Oh, Y/n..."

Taehyung's breath hitched as he caught sight of you. He was always stunned to silence when he saw you, the purest beauty. It was funny how often the two of you ran into each other, even if you never actually spoke to each other. You always happened to be at the same place he was, much to his delight. At one point, Taehyung had wondered if it had anything to do with him learning your schedule, but he quickly dismissed such a ridiculous idea.

You wanted to be near him. He didn't need to follow you around because you liked him just as much as he liked you. He knew it, everyone knew it- only you had yet to see it. But things were going to change soon, because Taehyung had a plan, a plan to get closer to you.

Finally, after so long, he'd get to have an actual conversation with you. He was an understanding person, and he could understand that you were shy, but was it really that hard to come and talk to him? You never even looked at him, acting as if you didn't know he was there. It was adorable, really. You'd pretend you didn't have a huge crush on him- often even acting as if you're strangers- but Taehyung knew the truth.

He could tell how you really felt. The two of you were close enough to be able to notice things like that, though you never seemed quite as observant as he was. Taehyung had noticed every time you had smiled near him. You had tried to cover it up by acting as though it was the video on your phone you were laughing at, but your efforts were futile to Taehyung's perceptive eyes.

Then there was the time you had walked straight into his path, bumping into him deliberately. Could you be any more obvious? Taehyung had barely been able to resist his urge to kiss you that time, but he had held back in the hopes you would make the first move. Alas, you were still as shy as ever. He would have to keep waiting.

Again today, you were hanging around near where he happened to be. One of your favourite places, he guessed. You looked great, as always. He had dressed up for you, hoping you'd notice. He knew you would, you always did, you were just subtle about it. So subtle he never even saw you glance in his direction. It was impressive, really.

Taehyung raised his phone, eyes twinkling in delight as he stared at you through his camera lense. He did love it when you acted oblivious like you were. You looked so innocent, so angelic, so ethereal. It was enough to put him in a trance. Sometimes he wondered if this is how you felt when you thought about him. Taehyung sighed blissfully, eyes contentedly scanning over your image.

"What the fuck are you doing?!"

It was your voice, he could recognise it anywhere. And so close, too. Had you finally built up the courage to confess to him?

Taehyung's eyes twinkle at the thought, "I'm taking a photo, why?"

That's it, Taehyung. Act natural. You've got to be cool for your first proper conversation. She already likes you, but you've still got to make a good impression.

"You were taking a photo of me, weren't you?" Your eyes are narrowed and cold. He can only assume it's because you're nervous. How cute. "You're a creep. I'm going to report you for this."

Act casual.

"I wasn't taking a photo of you," He shrugs. "I don't even know you,"

Girls like it when you play hard to get, right? He was sure he had read that somewhere, so it must be true.Yet, you looked even more serious than before. Your nerves must really be getting to you, he frowned. You knew he liked you back, right? There was no reason to fear confessing.

"I literally heard you say my name, you creep."

Taehyung raises an eyebrow in amusement. An odd nickname to give your lover. "So? There's bound to be loads of 'Y/n's,"

You nod slowly, "Right then. Answer this question correctly, ok?" You don't bother waiting for him, "What's my best friend's name?"

His answer is instantaneous, "Jennie."

You feel like you're going to throw up. Even if you knew it before, this confirms your suspicions. This man is your stalker, and he just admitted to it, right to your face. Ignoring the nausea settling in your stomach, you pull your own phone out to call the police, like you should've done that at the start.

Before you can press the 'call' button, your phone is snatched out of your hands. Taehyung stands before you, a pout on his face. Your phone is in his hands as he angles the camera in front of him, pulling a wink at the camera. You hear a soft 'click' and then he hands your phone back, grinning joyfully.

"There. Now you have a photo of me too, we're even now!" He declares cheerfully, having missed your point entirely.

You shake your head slowly, eyes wide, "No, that's not what I want. You can't just-"

"Ah!" He cuts you off, taking your phone out of your frozen hands once again. "You're right. That's not enough, is it? We should exchange numbers too, don't you think? I'm sure you've been dreaming about this day for a while now." He pauses, tapping your nose lightly with his fingertip, "I understand you're shy so I'll just give you my answer straight away. I want to date you too!"