6

The next morning was Saturday and Beca, Jesse and Benji were all in the basement. They decided to practice the songs Beca wrote in hopes to get a gig soon. They had been going for an hour when Beca's phone rang.
"Hello?" She asked not looking at the caller ID.
"B-bec" Chloes voice sounded broken.
"Chlo? What's wrong?" Beca asked gaining the attention of the other two boys.
"M-my dads drunk. He's gone crazy bec. H-he's trying to hurt us. Please help me. M-me and my brothers are trapped in the bathroom." Chloe said crying.
"I'm on my way. Stay on the line" she said.
"Jesse! Benji! In the car now!" She yelled rushing upstairs.
The three ran to the car and got in. Beca put chloe on speaker as she began driving. They could hear banging on the other line.
"Chlo? Are you okay?" Beca asked.
"Please hurry Bec! I don't think I can hold this door much longer" Chloe cried.

Beca rushed down the road to chloes. Once they got there the rushed to the door. Luckily it was unlocked and the three could head in.
"Jesse record how he's acting. Chloe says he never remembers the next day. We need to show him what he's doing" she said and he nodded.
"Benji when I get him away from the door your job is to get chloe and her brothers out of the house and in the car" she said and he nodded as well.
They rushed up the stairs where they found chloes dad trying to break down the bathroom door.
"Hey! Step away from the door!" Beca yelled catching his attention.
"Listen here girly. My bitch of a daughter is in there and she's gonna get what she deserves." He slurred.
"I will tell you one more time. Step away from the door" Beca said.
"You think you can stop me?" He asked laughing.
"Can't you see that you're hurting your kids?" She asked.
"I don't care! Now leave!" He yelled.
"I'm not leaving without Chloe" Beca said back.
He threw his beer bottle at Beca which she dodged before he charged her. He slammed her into the wall before she kicked him in the gut. He punched her, knocking her a few feet back before she lunged at the man tackling him to the ground. Jesse kept recording the fight as Benji got chloe and her brothers out of the bathroom. Chloe's father managed to flip them and beat on Beca as Chloe came out.
"Beca!" She yelled catching the attention of Beca and her father as well.
"Oh now you come out huh?" He asked getting off of Beca and charging chloe.
"No!" Beca yelled quickly chasing the man and pushing him into the wall.
"Chloe get out now!" She yelled as he threw yet another punch at her.
"No! I'm not leaving you!" She yelled.
"Jesse get her out!" She yelled before dodging yet another punch.
Jesse grabbed the girl and drug her out as Beca kept fighting. After a few minutes Beca ran out of the house and into the car quickly driving off before he could follow her.
"Is everyone okay?" She asked.
"Yeah. He wasn't able to get to us. Are you okay? You took quite a beating." Chloe asked concerned.
"I'm fine Chlo. It's not the first time I've had to fight a grown man" she said chuckling.

They all arrived at the Mitchell residence and headed inside.
"Beca! What the hell happened to you!?" Her father yelled after catching sight of his daughters bruised and bloody face.
"Long story short is Mr. Beale gets violent when he's drunk. Just watch the video Jesse took" she said handing him Jesse's phone.
"Well I'm glad everyone's okay" he said handing Jesse his phone back.
"You guys can head down, I've just got to talk to my dad" she said with a smile and they all left.
"Dad I don't want Chloe, Lukas and Braden going back there. Do you think we could help Mr. Beale get clean?" She asked him.
"I don't want the kids going back either. We have one spare room that they could stay in. Have Jesse send me the video and I'll see what I could do. Tell chloe their staying here tonight." He said.
"Okay. Thanks dad" she said hugging him before making her way downstairs.
"Okay so my dads not letting you three go back there until your fathers safe again. He's gonna try and help him. In the meantime we have one spare room you boys could share. Chlo either you could stay their with them or stay in my room with me. Doesn't matter to me either way. Oh and Jess, send dad that video." Beca said as she made her way to the couch.
"Bec we'll be fine really. We can go home" Chloe said.
"Chlo my dad is set on you three staying here until it's safe. You're not going anywhere according to him." She said.
"I just don't want to be a burden to you guys" she said sadly.
"Chlo you will never be a burden. Now it's only 1pm. What do you guys want to do?" Beca asked.
"How about me and the boys stay here and play some video games while you and Chloe go out and have some fun?" Jesse suggested with a smile.
"That sounds good to me, what do you think Chlo?" Beca asked.
"I'm good with that but we have to clean your face up first" Chloe said.
Her and Beca then left the basement and headed up to Beca's room. Considering there was blood all over Beca's shirt she had to change. When she removed her shirt chloe couldn't help but check out the other girls body.
"Let me clean your face before you put a new shirt on. You don't want to get blood on another one" Chloe said walking over to the bathroom.
"Chlo I can clean my own face" Beca said following her.
"Please let me take care of you" she said looking at the girl.
"Fine" Beca sighed and hopped up onto the counter.
Chloe wet a cloth before beginning to wipe the blood off Beca's face. She felt so bad that this had happened to Beca because of her.
"Stop thinking so much" Beca said with a small smile playing at her lips.
"I'm not" Chloe said.
"I can see the gears turning in that head of yours. What you thinking about?" Beca asked.
Chloe took a step between Beca's legs in order to get a better angle causing the smaller girl to rest her hand on the redheads waist.
"I'm just thinking about how you've known me for not even a week and you fought my father for me" Chloe said looking deep into Beca's dark blue eyes.
"You're special chlo, I don't know what it is or why I feel it but I just want to keep you safe. No matter what" Beca said, whispering the last sentence.
They stayed there for a minute, just gazing into each other's eyes. Before either could react they both were leaning in. Beca's hold on her waist got stronger the closer they got. Beca closed her eyes before finally closing the small gap that was left between them. It felt like fireworks, as cliche as that sounds. Their lips moved together in perfect sync, Beca pulling chloe closer as the redhead wrapped her arms around the brunettes neck. They only pulled apart when they ran out of air, resting their foreheads together they smiled.
"That felt so right" Beca whispered, breaking the silence.
"It really did" Chloe whispered back smiling.
"You really are something special red" Beca said and Chloe giggled.
"So are you Bec" she said before leaning in and reconnecting their lips.
"Why don't we just stay in and watch a movie or something in my room instead of going out?" Beca suggested after they separated again.
"Sounds great" Chloe smiled.