Chapter 7: The Entrance Exam

(Midoriya pov)

(Midoriya’s thoughts): Thanks to All Might, i'm finally gonna be a hero! *trips on his own leg* … or i'll just die.

I closed my eyes and prepared to face plant on the ground, but before I did I suddenly stopped. I opened my eyes and looked up to see a tall male who looked to be about my age holding me by my backpack. (A/n: I originally said that Y/N was 16 but after six months he would likely be older than a first year so he's been aged down. His age fits with the school year that he's in so he's now early 16)

Y/N: Dude the ground looks the same from up here, no need to get that close.

He laughed slightly and helped me back up.

Midoriya: Thank you, I guess im a little nervous. Im Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you.

Y/N: Names Y/N. Nice to meet you too.

We then shook hands and I was almost shocked at the difference in our size. He towered over me and he was much more muscular than I was.

Midoriya: Are you here taking the entrance exam too?

Y/N: Yeah. Been waiting a long time for this. I could have skipped it but that would have been boring.

Midoriya: Wait, you mean you could have gotten in on recommendations?

Y/N: You could say that.

Midoriya: Cool. Which heroes recommended you?

Y/N: Ummm, the principal of UA, and I guess All Might too.

Midoriya: WHAT!!! YOU GOT ALL MIGHTS RECOMMENDATIONS?!?

Y/N: Kinda.?

Midoriya: How? And why didn't you accept them? All Might never recommends people to go to UA. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and would practically mean that you're destined to be a top ranked hero.

Y/N: I really did appreciate their offers but I want to be a great hero from my own hard work and achievements, not have the title practically given to me. I cant inspire others to become great from my example if I didn't really earn my greatness. Ya know what I mean?

Midoriya: Yeah. That actually made a lot of sense. I guess I didn't think about it like that. Anyway, we should probably get in there right.

Y/N: Yeah.

We started to walk towards the building when Y/N started looking at something. Then he looked really surprised.

Y/N: No way.

Midoriya: Is something wrong?

Y/N: No it's just… You go on without me. I'll see you later.

Midoriya: Um, ok. See you later then.

(Y/N’s pov)

I started walking to the person that I recognised. She hadn't noticed me yet. I walked up to her and she turned and looked really surprised to see me.

Y/N: Long time no see, Tempest.

Tempest: Well if it isn’t Y/N the monster. I wondered what happened to you after our battle. It's good to see that you didn't get killed like most who go against the people you did. What are you doing here?

Y/N: I'm here to become a hero. 

Tempest: But I thought you didn't like heroes.

Y/N: I don't. Hero society needs change and this is probably the best way to change it.

Tempest: Well i'm actually glad that you figured that out. It would have been a real shame to have someone like you stay on that path you were on before. OH DAMMIT!