Chapter 02

It was past the curfew time when they both arrived at Cloud recess.

None of them said anything during their journey, an awkward silence wrapped around them through the whole time until they arrived at the Jingshi...

Without any word, Lan wangji went ahead and opened the door to Jingshi, yet the other man was unmoving..

"You are not coming ?"

Concern laced on wangji's voice and Wei wuxiang gave an apologitic smile before answering him..

"Ah.. It's just, I don't want to bother you by staying here.. I know that you prefer your personal space.. I could stay in the guest quarters.. It's not a big deal-"

"Wei ying!"

It was enough to shut his mouth and Lan wangji gave him a one last look before entering the jingshi, and the other didn't had any choice but to follow him with a big pout on his face..

The soft scent of the sandalwood welcomed him as he sat down on the floor while Lan wangji was preparing them some tea..

He was actually craving for some alcohol, preferably Emperor's smile, but didn't commented anything as he watched the other man delicately boiling tea for them..

The fact that even after two decades Lan wangji still remembers him, still care for him, still stays by his side,amused Wei wuxiang to the point that he wondered why would a noble person like Hanguan Jun would even still be friends with him..

Not like that he's complaining about it as he knew that there's no one who he could rely on, who would care for him in this world now..

There wouldn't be anyone who would guide him through hardships like his uncle, Jiang Fiengmian did, no one would pamper him like how his senior sister, Jiang Yanli did.. Moreover, no one would tease him and fight with him like how his brother,Jiang cheng did..

The sigh that left his lips didn't go unnoticed by the man in front of him. Lan wangji poured some tea for Wei wuxiang and passed the cup without commenting anything..

They sat while sipping their tea in the silence though Wei wuxiang could feel the heated sense of eyes on him..

"Ah Lan zhan~ it's past crufew now.. Shouldn't you go to sleep? I'm sure that you have tons of work to do by tomorrow morning.."

"Mn"

"So go and sleep now~"

"Mn"

The sound of laughter erupted in the silence of Jingshi, something that the Cloud Recesses... He didn't even know why he was laughing but Wei wuxiang couldn't help it as he was looking at the unamused face of his friend.

Lan Wangji was looking at the man in front of him.... He felt as if everything was back into normal, like how it was 16 years ago.. Like the carefree teenagers they were back in that time... He felt as if he got free from a huge burden that he was carrying for years.. Wei wuxiang was late to witness a small smile on Lan Wangji's face while he was busy with teasing and laughing at his friend..

Just like that, they sat under the moonlight, enjoying each other's presence,unaware of what they are about to face in the future... Moreover unaware of their own feelings..

......................................................................
                   (To be continued)