Chapter 05

There's a way from the back hills that leads the way to the female cultivator quarters and Wei wuxian found out that it's the way Lan Zhenli sneaks in and out from the cloud recesess..

"So, I'll be going to that side. Hopefully Lan Shu is not out there.. Ah, she's our senior in the female quarters.."

Lan Zhenli said as they came to where the gate is..

"Should I come with you?"

Wei wuxian asked and the girl snickered at that.

"Senior Wei? Are you trying to sneak into the female quarters to see the girls-"

Wei wuxian gave an disinterested look and the girl laughed once again before heading towards the other way.

"Let's hope that you won't get caught by my father"

She said before disappearing into the dark shadows. Wei wuxian laughed softly before making his way towards where he would probably have to climb up the wall to the roof..

He did that easily and got on top of the small roof and was about to jump down when he saw something from the corner of his eyes and he almost yelped as he saw the white figure on the watch tower..

"Oh my god Lan zhan... What the heck? I almost fell down the roof"

Wei wuxian said as he put his hand on his chest trying to calm down his erratic heartbeats..

It felt like a deja vu.. And nostalgic.. Wei wuxian saw the same scene in his blurred memories where a boy who was trying to sneak into the cloud recesess after curfew to see his siblings, getting caught by another youth who was clad in white..

He remembers the mischievous boy trying to bribe the other with a jar of emperor's smile...

The encounter led them to have a fateful dual under the moonlight, Bichen clashing with Suibian for the first time..

Both the hell and heaven vibrated at the pure clashing sound that came out of it..

As if to indicate that the fateful meeting of a light bearing god and a demonic cultivator happened..

But things were different this time.. Alot has changed.. One being the youths in past were now grown up men and the one who caught the sneaking boy wasn't frowning anymore, instead there was a ghost of a smile visible on his lips.

"Ey Lan zhan? Why are you smiling?"

Wei wuxian laughed as he sat on the roof and patted the space next to him.. As if understanding the signal, Lan Wangji also came up to where Wei wuxian is and sat beside him elegantly.. Both of them were silent for sometime..

"How long has it been since we first met? Almost two decades,isn't it? .."

Wei wuxian asked in a soft voice as if he was just muttering the words.

"Mn"

Lan Wangji answered..

"Time flies too fast.. Well I can't remember much as I was dead for more than a decade so-"

"Wei ying!"

Lan Wangji's strained voice made Wei wuxian stop his sentence.. He knew that lan Wangji doesn't like to talk about those 16 years of time gap so he dropped the topic..

"Ok ok.. We'll talk about something else then.. Ah, tell me about Lan Zhenli? Heard that she was adopted just like A-yuan"

Wei wuxian said with excitement as he wanted to know about the hidden stories behind the two children of Lan Wangji..

"Mn.. I adopted her at the same time as Sizhui.. She was around two year old at that time.."

Wei wuxian couldn't help but to smile at that, his mind playing images of a Lan Wangji who's taking care of a two year old baby and a five year old toddler at the same time.. His heart warmed at the thought..

"Well, if anyone says that Lan Sizhui is the son of HunguangJun, anyone would believe so.. But Lan Zhenli? She's a complete difference case.."

Wei wuxian said as he looked at Lan Wangji but the slight frown on the other man's face made him flinch..

"Lan zhan? I'm sorry.. I didn't mean it in a bad way.."

Lan Wangji shook his head and looked at Wei wuxian...

"Wei ying.. No sorry.. It's ok.. Was thinking about something else.."

"And that is?"

Wei wuxian asked with worry when he saw the frown appearing in Lan Wangji's face again..

"I sometimes wonder.. If I was a good father or not.. Felt like I couldn't do much for them"

And Wei wuxian wanted to slap himself or anyone else who would have even made Lan Wangji doubt himself of being a father.. He took a deep breathe before turning towards Lan Wangji and looking into his eyes before answering..

"Let me tell you this Lan zhan.. You are really really great and I'm sure you were a great father cause Lan Zhenli wouldn't stop talking about you and I'm sure she's happy to have you as her father and as far as I know, Lan Sizhui is the same.. So know that those insecurities and doubts have nothing to do with your children because I believe that they would also agree with me on this.."

Wei wuxian finished his speech to see that his friend was looking at him with widened eyes before a small smile, a real smile etched on his face..

"Mn.. But, when did you talk with Zhenli?"

That's when Wei wuxian knew that he fucked up again.. He decided to change the subject as he didn't want the girl to be get caught by her father later..

"Ahhh Lan zhan.. I'm so jealous you know.. You got a chance to be a father and you have two children and yet I'm like this.."

"Wei ying is a father too"

Wei wuxian turned around to face the other man So fast that he felt his neck got cramped.

"What? How?"

Lan Wangji was flustered for a moment but answered quickly..

"Sizhui.. His first father was you.. He think so too.."

Wei wuxian relaxed at that.. He smiled as he thought about the little boy who used to cling on his legs and used to chew on chenqing and get buried in soil as a radish.. The little boy has came a long way..

"Seriously Lan zhan.. Thank you for taking him and adopting him as your own son, then making him into the amazing young man he is today.."

He felt his vision getting blurry and he quickly wiped his eyes, not wanting to cry at that moment.. Lan Wangji didn't said anything but hummed at the statement and they were silent for another few moments..

Wei wuxian turned around to glance behind him and winced at the rough edges of the roof and knew that laying down there won't be good option for his neck and back..So without any second thoughts, he leaned sideways and leaned against Lan Wangji, his head resting on the other man's shoulder..

He felt the latter getting tensed at the sudden skinship and Wei wuxian knew that he was also feeling embarrassed at his own actions so he was about to pull back.. But when he felt Lan Wangji getting comfortable by passing seconds, he didn't pull back and stayed like that with a content feeling..

Both of them stared at the starry night sky without any words, leaning against each other.. Wei wuxian felt his eye lids getting heavy due to the exhaustion from running around here and there for the whole day and without him knowing, he fell asleep there..

Lan Wangji who was looking down at the sleeping man besides him,smiled softly before sneaking his arm around the said man's shoulder to keep his hold on the sleeping man..

......................................................................

                 (To be continued)