- ℝ𝕠𝕝𝕖 : ℝ𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕝 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕣 -

Rachel Gardner is a 13-year-old girl of small stature. She has blonde hair going down to her hips, large blue eyes, and a petite frame. She wears a shirt with black and white horizontal stripes, a loose white cardigan, black shorts, and clunky black boots with silver buckles. In addition, Ray wears a plain black choker and has a small black messenger bag with a triangular flap.

Ray is originally presented as extremely calm and collected, though this likely stems from her desire to die. The other floor masters say that she is ruthless, selfish, and manipulative, and willing to do anything to get what she wants. However, it is a misnomer to consider her an an evil or malicious person, as she does not inherently understand human morality and does not have actual cruel impulses.

She is shown to have issues with empathy and difficulty expressing or understanding emotions, and while she has shown fear, anger, compassion, and happiness, these are rare, fleeting, and moderate. She does not, however, fake emotions, and will not pretend to have feelings that are not present.

Ray is fixated on the idea of the existence of God. This make her distress when Gray told her God won't accept her oath with Zack and when Zack told her he believes God does not exist in the world. Her desperation in needing a God she believes made her so delusional that she saw Zack as her God.

Only until Zack helped her accept her actions that she finally came to terms with her warped view and realized that her true wish was simply to be wished in life and death. Afterwards, Ray started to act like a normal person, particularly in regards to Zack who she developed a close bond with over time.

Ray was raised by her mother and father. Her mother was unemployed, while her father was a police officer. Her parents despised each other, and it is implied they would argue at least every night. Her mother implies that she is the only reason the two are remaining together. However, the couple did not attempt to spare Ray in their feuding, blaming each other for her lack of empathy, as well as verbally and physically abusing her.

Her father would spend most of the family money on alcohol (the fuel for many firefights) and prostitutes, and as a result, her house was in poor condition, leaving empty bottles of spirits around the house, leaving bills unpaid, and appliances and floors unfixed. As such, Ray spent most of her time out of the house, wandering alleys. While it is not stated if she went to school, it can be assumed she did, as she can read, write, and understand basic chemistry.

One night when spending time in an alley, she encounters a small puppy. Wishing to adopt the puppy but not wanting to get in trouble, she heads home to ask her parents for permission. She finds them in the kitchen, arguing. Her father storms off, accusing Ray of psychopathy as he does. Her mother heads into another room, and Ray follows her to ask about the puppy, finding her mother hiding something in a drawer, mumbling how she would kill her father with a "secret weapon". Ray asks her mother to talk, to which her mother immediately replies that she is not in the mood to do so. She tells Ray to go to her room, to which Ray responds that she needs to ask her something. Her mother yells that Ray is just like her father, and that she cannot even get her own child to listen to her, slapping Ray and then storming off.

Ray heads upstairs, thinking about the puppy. She comes down to look at the "secret weapon" her mother was talking about, discovering a handgun. She leaves to find the puppy and when she does, she attempts to catch it in a box, reaching out her hand to it and being bitten. The details of the following events are unclear, but result in the puppy being shredded and then sewn back together by Ray, later being put in a box and carried to her room by herself.

Taken by : me !