Chapter 1

Enjoy the first chapter! English is not my first language! Warning this is a mature book! Meaning strong (swearing) language! UNEDITED! 

Thanks emily52706  I'm still doing this on Hiatus due to school :)

***

2012

Due to the sudden departure of their mother to help Haiti survivors two later after the earthquake, in 2010, both parents had to think of the logistic of taking care of their children. They were divorced and not in the best terms, yet they were fully committed to take care of their children and not burden the older ones. 

Christopher, Chris, for short was already working for the past four years in the LAPD as a police officer. Parker was in his second year of studying to become a car mechanic in an automotive school. He was lucky to get a part-time job in the domain to get himself start. Therefore, Chris and Parker needed to stay in Los Angeles because of their job. 

The very next day of her last day of school, Avastasia and her father were going to take a flight to Los Angeles to meet up with them. Her father could finalize the last details on the logistics and also spend time with the two oldest as both parents even divorced realized how wrong would it be to suddenly let the boys all alone while Chris and Parker had a crazy schedule.

It was two in the morning, her father woke her up. 

"Uh? What's going?"

"We are leaving in forty-five minutes. Get dressed, brush your teeth and make sure you have everything you want for the trip. Worse case, we can buy it if," changing his tone of voice on the 'if' "really needed. The taxi should be here soon."

"Alright!" she said in a sleepy voice as she stumbled out of the bed. She blinked trying to get her eyes to fully open in the darkroom. Wriggle a bit to wake herself up still not realizing that in a few hours, she would see face to face physically her older brothers! For real! 

It took a couple of minutes before the ten years old get herself activate as her father was preparing on the other side. The suitcases were right in front of the door and her passport and mini purse were on the counter. Her father did a last double-check around the house.

He called out. "You got everything? Just put on your running shoes and get your blue hoodie, you get easily cold in the plane."

"Okay, but I don't know where it is."

"I put it on the end of your bed, it may have fallen off."

Avastasia ran back to her bedroom, flicking the switch and suddenly the bright light illuminated the room. She gave a last glance, spot her blue hoodie and went to retrieve it on the floor 

 At least, together they had done their boarding pass, the night before, to avoid the long lines. She waited beside him, wishing to go back to sleep as he took care of scanning the boarding passes, she was next to the four suitcases; two small which they will bring on board and the other two in the checked-in baggage. She also had her Hello Kitty backpack. Ava followed him as they put the two suitcases and paying the necessary extra feeds for the second large suitcase. They had their flight at seven-thirty in the morning and it was one way without a stop. The father and the daughter were going from Montreal City (Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport) to somewhere in Los Angeles, she would arrive at Los Angeles International Airport at the beginning of the afternoon according to the different timezones. In one airplane for eight hours, she had a lot of games to occupy herself. It went quickly with the security so they just had to follow the instruction to find the right gate for them.