Chapter 5

Thanks for reading! Enjoy! Thanks for any future comments and the votes! Sorry for the late update! 

***

"Wake-up! Sis! Time for you to go to school," Chris loud and hushed voiced as he pulled on her yellow curtains making noises even if in here, in Montreal, darkness prevailed at this hour. 

Ava groaned but didn't move as she tried to stay focus on her dream.

"Come on sis, you got to eat and then go to school. I would have yell from downstairs, but it will wake up Lee."

"Ugh what did you say?" she was still sleepy It was six a.m. when Ava woke up, they had to get up early for her school as it was still a bit far from home. She still had her old alarm still functioning but really for kids, a blue-grey koala shape. She couldn't wait to have her own phone and use the clock phone feature to wake her up or even the songs. She was still too young to own a phone according to her father. She could use the clock feature in her iPod Touch, but it was not always the same and most of the time, it was charging in another room. 

"You have to go to school," Chris repeated as he flipped the switch of the light. 

"Five more minutes, my alarm will ring in five more minutes." She said in a raspy voice. "It's definitely not six a.m. and since when do you care if you wake up Lee?" She groaned, it was way too early to deal with Chris. Where was Dad? He is the one who wakes her up. 

"I don't want to deal with a moody Lee. It's been a while and I'm not ready to deal on a Monday morning with him."

Chris was right. Ava sighed loudly, there was no use to fight with him and she knew she would pay the price if she dared to wake Lee. She did not want to be his victim as a payback. 

"Lee usually sleeps through all the noises. At least, Dad is more careful," She curled her legs with the comforter in her bed not caring about the bright light illuminating her room nor the fact Chris had let the door wide open.

One or two minutes may have passed before Ava asked: "What are you doing in my room? Get out!"

"I have to make sure, you won't fall back asleep, again!"

Her alarm chose that moment to ring.

"WHAT THE FUCK! Who's making so much noise?! Chris! It's fucking six a.m.," Lee said appearing just wearing his grey boxer.  " I'M NO LONGER SLEEPING BECAUSE OF YOU, TWO! CHRIS, DO YOU REALLY NEED TO SCREAM LIKE A BANSHEE

"First, Dad has asked me to wake Ava and drive her to school! Second, just go back to sleep for another two hours and then we will help Frankie on his projects. Third, I don't scream like a banshee."

"You don't even know what it means!" Elliott said appearing next to Lee, also in his green boxer.

"Too late, now that I'm awake. No way, I can go back to sleep. Thank you!" Lee said in a sarcastic tone at the end.

Ava threw her arms up in exasperation as she opened the light. "Move, Chris, you are in the way and I need to get change. And you go back to your room. OUT!" She said waving her hands back and forth.

Lee grumbled but complied and left the room not before slamming her door. Chris sighed and passed a hand on his face, he opened the door and closed it with less force. He pushed his younger brother out of the way.

It didn't take her long after cleaning the lenses of eyeglasses with a touch of mascara,  she was ready to go. She grabbed her grey schoolbag laying next to her working table and checked if she was missing any books or papers. She grabbed what she needed and went downstairs to join her brothers who were all awake.