0 6 | c o n f e s s i o n s

Song of the chapter: East of Eden by Zella Day

☙❦❧

DELILAH could feel him pressed up right against her.

She wasn't going to lie and say she minded it. Because Jackson was an extremely comfortable human she had come to realize.

"Do you get it now?" he murmured in her ear, his arms wrapped around her and his hands enclosing her own that were holding the golf club. He had just shown her how to swing, but she wasn't paying attention.

She shivered as his breath sent chills down her spy. She dumbly nodded pretending she understood when in reality all she could focus on was the proximity between them.

Jackson laughed. "You weren't listening or paying attention at all were you?"

She blushed as she nodded her head in shame. "Yeah," she begrudgingly admitted.

"So what were you paying attention to?" he intentionally questioned, knowing her answer already.

However, she wouldn't let him embarrass her any longer. So without a second though, Delilah pressed herself closer to him, and wiggled her butt a little to make herself even more comfortable. She heard the quiet curse that left Jackson's mouth and smiled to herself.

"Jesus christ Delilah," he murmured into her ear.

"Well I was just paying attention to how comfy you are," she innocently explained, craning her neck to get a glimpse of Jackson's face. She smiled at him and he narrowed his eyes at her.

"You aren't as innocent as you make yourself seem," he accused her with fire in his eyes. She giggled as she looked away and leaned back against his body. She hummed in response, loving the feel of his body engulfing hers.

Who knew physical comfort could bring this much joy to her?

"You're enjoying this a little too much," Jackson jokingly pointed out and Delilah laughed a little before nodding.

"I'm enjoying this very much."

Before she could comprehend what had happened, Jackson had quickly turned her around in his hold and now their faces were inches away from each other. His eyes darkened as they watched her lips in anticipation.

She, however, froze on her own accord. She couldn't possibly kiss him could she? She didn't even like him. She liked Jasper.

Although she did like the sense of comfort Jackson brought to her. But did that mean she held feelings for him?

Before he could make a move, Delilah stepped out of his hold, letting her expression show the uneasiness she felt. Jackson frowned at her actions, but stood in his place not making another move.

"What's wrong?"

She could barely get the words out. "Uh I like— I like someone."

At this, Jackson's once confident body language slowly slipped away as his shoulders sagged at the realization that she liked someone else.

"Oh," he finally said after some time. His lips laid in a frown and the light in his eyes slowly diminished. Oh god did he actually like her? Because she was starting to think he did.

"Who is it?" he asked without taking notice of his nosy question. She owed him an explanation and knew she should tell him.

"Jasper," she quietly responded, trying to read Jackson's reaction. His eyes widened slightly but nothing more happened.

"How long?"

She shrugged suddenly missing his warmth. "A while?"

He nodded his head dully. "Does he like you back?"

She shook her head rapidly, "God no," she laughed awkwardly. "We kissed once but he didn't mean to do it."

Suddenly, recognition took over Jackson's face. His mouth opened in an o-shape and his eyes widened more.

"You're the girl he kissed at the party in the beginning of the summer." His statement left no room for argument. He made it clear that she was indeed the girl.

"How do you know?" she asked him, suddenly curious.

Jackson's face fell once more before he sighed and looked away from her. "Jasper told us."

Her eyes widened. Jasper talked about her? "Jasper talked about me?"

Jackson watched as happiness flooded her features, which only made him feel worse. He nodded his head without much energy. Suddenly he felt like he could sleep for days.

"Yeah he uh—," Jackson had a hard time making the words out. "He likes you."

"Really?" Delilah exclaimed.

"Uh-huh yeah definitely," he reassured her.

As he studied her body language and reactions, it had been made clear to Jackson that Delilah definitely liked Jasper. He didn't want her to like him but it was out of his control. He did want her to be happy though.

"I can uh," he awkwardly started out. "I can help you get him?"

His statement came out as more of a question and he didn't even know why he had offered her his help. She never asked for it in the first place and he was just going to hurt himself because of his stupidity.

Almost immediately, Delilah jumped towards him and embraced him in a hug.

"You can?!"

Suddenly realizing he can't take his words back, Jackson swallowed his pride and pain before offering her a small smile. "Of course. You've liked him for a while. He kinda likes you. It's a match made in heaven."

She squealed as she giggled to herself. Forcing herself to calm down, she finally looked at Jackson. She really looked at him. And knowing he was doing it out of the goodness of his heart, she felt her heart swell with love. Love for her new friend.

"Thank you Jackson," she softly said, grateful for him at the moment.

He awkwardly smiled back, trying not to look at her with any indication that he felt a million and one things for her.

"Any time," he responded with a fake smile, watching her jump around again. As her attention went off him, the smile dimmed.

He kicked a small pebble at his foot, hating that he was being so nice.

"Any time," he mumbled to himself.

☙❦❧

Sorry I was so busy in the morning I didn't get the time to publish a new chapter until now!

Hope you guys love it!

Comment and vote. Xx

~ Shay