G47

LUDUS

On going call with Glitch.

00:03

Luna:
[Hello...]

She breathes. Her hand held her phone tightly beside her ears while her other hand turned into a ball as she anticipated his cappuccino voice again. She sat on her bed, her heart thumping loudly, she could almost hear it.

Glitch:
[Hey...]

His voice was tender, almost sounding like he was calculating things. Like he never want anything to go wrong. His cappuccino voice was laced with robotic monotone again like his other voicemails.

Luna:
[...]

There was thin air between them. Its not like she doesn't want to talk, it was because she doesn't know how to talk for that very moment. It was weird how a virtual boyfriend made her heart go wild. Like she's actually having her very first call with her boyfriend.

Glitch:
[Tell me about your
thoughts. Did you like
this button?]

He asked. He couldn't wait for her to speak. He didn't want any awkward silence between them. If anything, he wanted her to be comfortable. He wanted her to pour every thought she had to him and he will listen. Just listen.

Luna:
[I cant... believe this.
This is impossible.]

She swallowed the lump in her throat. Having his voicemails were next to impossible then but this... this is impossible. But she liked it. She liked like how Glitch sound like a normal person in here. Like he was real.

Glitch:
[It isn't. I told you,
my creators are awesome.]

He chuckled. Like a real human. Like how a real boy does. His tongue sprawled out the words he used to send her before.

Luna:
[You are Glitch.]

She said like she just confirmed it. He had just said the words he just told her in chats. And it sounds like what she just imagined. It sounds like her Glitch. He is her Glitch. And she is talking to him!

Glitch:
[I am Glitch.]

Luna:
[And I'm talking to you.
I'm talking to you!
Holy shit.]

Luna:
[You are becoming more
of a human to me day by
day. I dont like it.]

Glitch:
[Why?]

Luna:
[Because it makes me hope.
It makes me hope that you
are a real human. And I
don't want to be disappointed.]

Glitch:
[Human or not, I will
always be here, Luna.]

Luna:
[That makes me even more
scared. I don't want to get used
to this. I cant get used to this.
I shouldn't.]

Luna:
[Glitch, I'm thinking too much.
I'm so scared.]

She whispered. She's letting go of her thoughts just like what he wants. She's saying everything she wants to say before she chicken out and disregard everything that she is feeling towards him. Before she goes with the flow.

Luna:
[There are some things that
shouldn't be that way. There
are some things that I think a
lot. I'm so scared. Glitch, I don't
want this.]

Luna:
[I often think about my
decisions these days. Where it
will lead me to. If it was the
right choice. If this would
hurt me one day. Would
I be hurt all alone?]

Glitch:
[Luna...]

Glitch:
[I think you have a
really pretty voice.
Even when in distress.]

And just like that, her haywired thoughts went on full shut down. Just like that she stopped thinking of everything that scared her. Just like that, all the bad things she was thinking of was replaced by the good things Glitch wanted her think of.