C5 - Ah~Nyah! Kitty Cat is Out of the Box!

It was now mid-February. 

The cold was still strong, yet it wasn’t as crippling as the previous three months. Some of the few birds around had started chirping, signalling it was close to warmth's arrival. Toralei was happy warmth was going to come back soon. Cold wasn’t the best environment for her plants, and keeping them warm was a bit of a troublesome situation.

Anyone that knew her well, knew that Toralei hated winter and summer. One was very cold and the other way too hot for her to be good on her own skin. It left her either shivering or fanning herself all along the day. It was an annoying fact that she had to live with.

Kakashi watched Toralei as she moved around the kitchen while making them dinner, the soft sound of her quiet humming filling the otherwise silent room. His eyes followed her as she moved from the stove to the table on the center of the small kitchen to the two cabinets on left.

Her long skirt swished around her legs as she stepped from one side to the other, her long silky black hair was pulled back tightly into one braid, tied at the bottom with a red elastic. Like always, he noted, she was dressed in baggy and slightly over-sized clothes, hiding herself even when she moved around the house with a type of grace he thought possibly only to cats.

And this was much coming from him, a jounin.

Actually, he had realized Toralei was much more than what she gave off to. That was both a plus and a downside. He never knew how she would react, he could take a wild guess, but that was that. Knowing exactly how she would react was more difficult than figuring the enemy's next move. Because here, the Sharingan was no good... and given the fact that he could not activate it, it was something that he had to exclude from the situation.

Speaking of situation, Kakashi still hadn’t gotten around resolving his return to Konoha... or his world. He was sure he was not in the fire country, nor in the world he had been born in. It was all so different from his home, different world history, different names and locations. After he had passed the initial, and somewhat lacking shock, and he had focused on learning more about the world he was in, in an attempt to find a way back.

Of course, like he had expected, it hadn’t, and it wasn’t easy. Even with Toralei’s help. She had been a mean to sources of information. Now, the living room’s table was filled with scattered books and some stack of papers he had imprinted from the internet. He had been reading extensively the past weeks, and now it was starting to get a bit exhaustive.

Also, one pressing issue was that in this world... there wasn’t any Icha Icha Paradise, which, to be quite honest, freaked him out somewhat.

It was like ruthlessly depriving an addict from his addiction.

Devastating, really.

Toralei stopped and looked over her shoulder as she set the kitchen’s table, where she normally ate along with what seemed to be a long term guest. Her dark brown eyes blinked slowly as she took him in, his figure leaned against the door frame, his head cast down and his fascinating silver hair falling downwards and casting the upper part of his face in shadow, leaving his features hidden from view thanks to the mask he always wore.

She didn’t understand him. He was like a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces, she did want to see the complete image of who he was, but she still felt like she knew too little to grasp who Hatake Kakashi really was.

He was a stranger that had, without any real intention, turned her quiet and slightly dull life in a quiet and slightly dull confusing life.

She had lost count of the times she had felt him watch her, and also had given up on counting how many times she would observe him as he read or did something, just in hopes of figuring him out. But it was hard, normally she could understand others very well, and he was a mystery she was slowly unraveling