C6 - The Due Unlooked-for Result

“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love” - Laozi

Stepping out of the room and shutting the door quietly behind her, Toralei blushed harder than she had ever blushed; her cherry red cheeks aching duly and burning as she looked at the floor and clutched at the end of her nightgown with her left hand. Had she done what she had just done?

Yes. The answer was yes.

Suppressing a little shriek of embarrassment, she crossed the distance to her room, and closed the door before leaning against it and sliding down until her bottom hit the floor gently. As she hugged her legs to her chest, trapping her breasts between, her chin rested onto her knees and her dark brown eyes stayed fixed on the far side, where all her work supply was neatly organized and stashed away.

Her head swam with thoughts and recollections of what had transpired between them. It seemed like she couldn’t quiet down her thoughts, and Akury was nowhere to be heard within the recess of her mind. It was like she was alone, yet not completely.

Thoughts and images emerged and merger together and left her confused. The turmoil of emotions, recollection of sensations and past actions made her blush in embarrassment and the strange feeling that had bloomed recently made her heart skip a beat and quicken. 

She had never thought to feel the way she was now feeling. Her cheeks burned and her heart started to do a little quick stepped dance within her rib cage, as if it would just jump out of her chest and bounce around to expose how self conscious and aware of him she was, when he got close or stepped into the same room.

At first, she had thought she had been losing her marbles. Something had to be wrong. She was a grown woman (breasts were there as a visible proof that puberty had arrived... probably a bit early, though), twenty-six, almost twenty-seven, and there she was! Blushing and stuttering like a sixteen year-old girl upon being in the same space, or encountering, her crush, trying to make decent conversation but not being able to.

It was a shame, really. She should be able to deal with all those reactions and emotions. But no, she had to become shy and withdrawn.

And for some reason, she was standing up and walking out of her room, her cheek burning and her heart beating quickening as her bare feet padded over the distance between her bedroom door and his.

It was so strange how she craved his hold and his voice speaking to her. His presence was the only presence she craved and stood; the only one she wanted in the same room at the present moment.

Entering his room, she closed the door quickly and walked to the side of his bed, sitting down and looking at him with some hesitation. She watched him open one of his eyes and look up at her.

There was moment where they just looked at one another, her eyes asking permission and his eyes just holding her gaze.

Without saying a word, he lifted the sheet a bit and she slipped beneath it without hesitation.

Scooting closer, she settled her head onto his bicep, her leg going onto his leg and her hand and arm resting onto his torso as she snuggled close and her eyes closed. His warm and hard body felt so perfect against her softer and equally warm one. 

And as his arm went around her waist and he adjusted their position so it would be more comfortable, she thought there could be nothing better than to be in his arms. The sense of safety and comfort washed over her and left her feeling both relaxed and excited; his breathing and heartbeat lulling her to sleep.

Maybe, just maybe, this was love what love was.

***

A young man with messy red hair and dark blue eyes stood in the back porch of a medium-sized house of cozy and homely appearance. He was wearing the standard shinobi outfit of his village, his boot-like sandals encasing feet that were slightly set apart while he braced himself against the wall behind him, his head bowed down, his hair shadowing his eyes and setting his boyish features in shadow.