It's Okay To Cry (Part 2)

"Isabella. Isabella. You gotta get up, we gotta go get him. He's not safe."

"No." 

"Isabella PLEASE! I know he hurt you, but I warned you!"

A small whimper sounded from Phineas' bed. A shift and a slight glint in the darkness of the burrow.  A head poked out into the dark room. T-shirts lay to her left along with shorts. A bottle of cologne still halfway filled, and a mascara stained pillow is held close to her. "There's no point."

One frustrated sigh and a whooshing sound and is all it takes for Isabella to be exposed. 

"Come on, we're going on a trip."

"Where?"

***********************************************************************************************

"Queary, call Isabella."

"Calling Danville pizza..."

"No, call Isabella. "

"Calling 911..."

"Oh my god," Phineas groaned. "Cancel." He was covered in shards of glass, bleeding, and wondering what had gotten into to him.

He had gone and done it. If he hadn't fucked it up when he had made her wait 10 years, he had surely fucked up now. He knew his temper was bad, he knew that. He knew he shouldn't have taken what Isabella said so personally, but.... He hadn't slept for more than 4 hours a night when he couldn't get a hold of her. He'd started causally smoking and then panicked. Hell, he had had serious thoughts about ending his life. The fear of Isabella in some river or hanging in her bedroom... it had brought him to the brink of madness. Even when he got her back, he still found himself on the edge. Teetering, slipping, flailing, grabbing for anything that might keep him from falling. Any time apart made his stomach churn and his heart race. His temper had began to flair as a result and he was hurting people. He called Ferb a waste of a good mind when they argued about college. He'd threatened to fight kids at college whenever they looked at him sideways. 'God...' he thought suddenly. 'Isabella, I'm so sorry.' 

The distant rumbling of a car took him from his berating thoughts and he froze before bolting for the closet.

"Phineas?" Linda called.  

He held his breath as she looked at him.

"He was here, alright. Look at this mess." A worried voice said. "Phineas, I'm sorry. I should have thought before I spoke. I didn't mean it." Through the slits, he saw her take a step that resulted in a crackling sound.

"Watch your step. There's glass shards everywhere."

"It's okay. He's worth a few scars." Isabella smiled. "Phineas I love you. I always have and I will never take your love for naught again. I know what I said hurt you. I know it did. I know you're here somewhere. But even if I'm talking to an empty cabin right now, I don't care. I will go to dozens of empty buildings and to all your hideaways, all of our special spots and say this over and over again." She let out a little laugh that caught on a sob. "Because damn it, Flynn. I love you and I could never stop. You're my fantasy land come true, baby. My best friend. My lover. And I hurt you." A soft hiccuping sound escaped her throat. 

He realized then that he was crying. The tears were hot and salty falling onto his lips.

"Please, Phineas."