FIFTEEN

The rest of the ride was uneventful, but long. Myrcella would occasionally join me for a ride, but after the whole situation back at the inn, her mother was skeptical of having the princess around me.

The Capital was bursting with activity as we rode through the gates into the courtyard surrounding the Red Keep. My eyes looked up at the tall building, sighing at how different it looked from my childhood home.

As soon as we stopped, a guard rushed over to my father, saying a few words to him before the lord turned towards my sisters and I. "Go get settled in. I'll be back in time for supper. And, Jory, you got with them."

"Yes, my lord." The soldier said with a nod.

With that said, the guard led my father inside the Keep, going who knows where for who knows how long.

I threw my leg off my horse before planting my feet on the pavement below. Venus immediately came over and sat by my feet. I've been keeping her close ever since the inn; I didn't trust the Lannister to not take her away from me. I wouldn't let that happen.

•~•

The inside of the Red Keep was just as extravagant as the outside, with high walled corridors and archways open to the coast. My room was quite a bit bigger than my one at Winterfell, and more furnished, but it felt emptier. It didn't feel like home.

Venus made her way over to the bed and jumped up before laying down on the soft material. Chuckling, I shook my head and walked over to my trunk, which was placed next to the bay window.

I knelt down and opened it, the first thing on top being my bow, which I had made sure to pack carefully so it wouldn't break.

Just as I was about to pull it out, a soft knock came at my door, causing Venus to lift her head and growl lowly.

I shushed her and walked over to the door, opening it just a crack to see who was there. Instantly, golden haired caught my attention and I opened the door fully to see Myrcella standing there.

She gave me a bright smile, her hands folded gently in front of her baby blue dress. "Hello, Lachlan. I came to see how you were settling in."

I smiled in return and stepped aside, allowing the girl to walk into the room. "It's definitely different than the north, but I'll get used to it."

I watched as the girl walked around the room, running her hand along the oak dresser and glancing over my open chest, where my bow still laid on top of my clothes.

The girl spun around to face me again. "It is a big change, but with time, I'm sure you will-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I stepped forwards and cupped her face in my hands, pressing my lips against hers, not being able to help myself any longer. The girl was shocked at first, but soon realized what was happening and kissed me back.

The two of us pulled away after a few more seconds, our faces staying only a couple inches apart. I could see the princess' face was a light shade of red as she blushed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, not wanting to ruin the peaceful moment. "I couldn't help myself."

I thought Myrcella would be upset, but instead, a wide smile broke onto her face. "I was wondering when you were going to do that." She giggled softly as her eyes locked onto mine.

I chuckled in return, shaking my head slightly. "I've been wanting to do it for a while now."

We stood there for a little while longer before she took a step back, removing my hands from her face and gently holding them in hers.

"I should be going." She spoke softly, her eyes still on mine. "My mother will be wondering where I went."

"Of course." I said with a nod.

The princess leaned up and gently kissed my cheek before walking to the door. Looking back at me, Myrcella smiled. "Have a good night, Lachlan."

"And you, my princess." I said to her.

The girl smiled more before slipping out of the door. Sighing, I smiled slightly; maybe King's Landing wouldn't be so bad after all.