Attention

I decide to keep this interaction to myself, remembering what Finnick said about Oliver's attention being beneficial for me in the arena. He's probably right, but I can't help but feel uncomfortable. I've never been the center of a guy's interest before.

I must have gotten lost in thought because we had already made it back to the stylist's area. Letting go of my hand, Finnick leaves me with Odette to help me out of my dress. As she is unzipping the gown, she begins, "We don't have much time, but I would like to run an idea by you. It's about your final outfit for Caesar's interview tomorrow night..." I agree as I watch her call over her assistant to bring the dress. She grabs the dress from her assistant and holds it up, showing me what she has planned. Once again, I am astonished by her skills. In awe, I approve of the dress, and she gets back to work.

Now that I am back to normal, Odette walks me back to my District apartment. When we arrive, we see Finnick leaning against the door, awaiting my arrival. Confused, I look to Odette for an explanation, and she simply smiles and walks off.

"Hey..." I question as I walk toward him.

"Hey," he replies quietly. His lips are pressed into a hard line complementing the serious look on his face, "We need to talk about a few things tonight since I won't be able to see you tomorrow."

"Okay," I nod, and we walk into the apartment and back towards my room. Upon entering my bedroom, we take our usual seats. I cross my legs and prop my back against the bed frame, whereas Finnick sits on the edge of my bed. Once we are situated, he looks at me with furrowed brows as he begins slowly, "So, tomorrow, Caesar Flickerman will be hosting the tribute interviews, which is also your last chance to get sponsors..."

Breaking eye contact, he shifts his head to glance down at his hands folded neatly in his lap, "It's also your last day in the Capitol...before the Games begin.'' I swallow when I hear this.

Right. Only one more day and I will be in the arena.

This thought makes me shift uneasily, which catches Finnick's attention as he adds, "I will be able to see you tomorrow night so we can talk about last-minute strategies for the arena then, but right now I want to focus on your interview tomorrow..." He then goes on to explain how, because of the attention I got from my outfits, Caesar (the interview host), will most likely make my questions of a sexual or physical nature.

"So just...be prepared, okay?" He adds cautiously, looking somewhat disturbed by something. I thought he would be proud of me for attracting this 'kind' of attention since he seems to revel in it.

He's so confusing.

One day he is chatting me up with flirty jokes, and the next, he acts all caring and kind. I can't seem to get a read on this guy. It's been a week, and yet I find his character continues to puzzle me exceedingly. I realize I am too tired to entertain this thought anymore, and I nod in response. With that, he gets up and leaves me alone in my room. Without his presence to distract me, I begin thinking about tomorrow.

This is going to be a long night.