Chapter 7

Two weeks have already passed with me doing all her homework. I swear to god, I've never done this much homework in my entire life. It seems like she intentionally asks her teacher for more homework just to punish me.

"Hey, ary, what're you doing?"  I guess she already saw what I was doing so she just sat beside me on the couch.

"You know you can ask me anything if you don't understand anything," she told me maybe to comfort me.

"Is she fucking crazy or what?" I deadpanned.

"First of all mind your language and I wish you show this much courage in front of her."  Emily, as usual, mocked me. She told me that she's not actually her elder sister but her family considers Emily as a family. She told me that Elsa, it's Hawke's real name, loves her dad but she's afraid of her mom. It was hard to imagine her being afraid of someone.

"Anyway, why are you so scared of her?" she asked like Hawke isn't some psycho murderer.

"Have you ever seen her murdering someone before?"

"Obviously, I live with her so I've seen."

"And you're still asking me that, that scene still gives me chills sometimes. That half an hour was hell for me when I was hiding in that alley. The guy was writhing in pain but she still continued her 'work'."

"Ohh so you saw that. You can't blame her though that guy was using Hawke's influence to traffick girls to outside countries and some girls were barely fifteen in that bunch," she said with disgust.

"Yeah, I heard her saying something of that sort,"

"No doubt, you're stuck here. You knew too much," she laughed in amusement.

"Nope, she hates me that's why I'm here."

"Why'd you think so?"

"Well, isn't it obvious I bu-" I started coughing to cover up my slip but she understood that I'm faking it. 

"What're you hiding?" she scrutinized me.

Just then Elsa came through the doors from the school, I'm not allowed to go to school. It's obvious why. I hurriedly looked down at the book in my lap.

"Hey, buddy, more work for you. You already studied this chapter in advance, right?"

"I was just doing that. I can finish that in fifteen more minutes, mam."

"Ohh I don't care as long as you hand me my homework till tomorrow morning or well we can visit the basement again,"

"No no, That would be enough time to complete."

"Good, oh and one more thing your mom filed a complaint about you missing for two weeks."

"Mam mam please can I just visit or call her once? She would be worrying about me, I'm her only family. Please, mam." I tried to act submissive despite the urge to beat her, I know being impulsive won't get me anything.

 "Whatever, we'll discuss that later. Now shoo, go study." I took deep breaths before sitting on another couch continuing what I was doing earlier.

"Hey sis, dad would be coming with his best friend's wife. He said her kid has gone missing for several days now and police aren't helping much," she said to Emily

"We both know how easy it is to bribe the police, he may have angered someone influential so maybe they could have killed him but still we should still hope for the best, El."

"Yeah, you're right sis. I can't imagine how worried she would be about him and I've heard from dad that his best friend was really innocent, his whole family is really innocent," she said sympathetically. 

"Well then imagine how worried my mom would be," I mumbled 

She gave me a nasty glare which I returned this time, I can't help she can kill me if she wants but I won't go down without a fight. At this moment if she says anything wrong, I'm going to explode due to her bitchy attitude.

Just then a man barged through the doors and she did something which I really didn't expect from her.

She ran towards that guy and hugged him.

That was horrifying. I never saw her act this weird.

 "Hey daddy, I'm so happy to see you." she was literally chirping like a bird.

"You can close your mouth now, " Emily said while laughing.

I regained myself when suddenly her dad asked her,

"Who's that guy and what is he doing? "
"He committed a grave mistake and being punished for that, nothing else, dad." she proudly said that while laughing.

"Ohh yeah and Eli, meet mary, my best friend's wife. Her son is missing for some days maybe we can help in finding him. "

I was curious when he said mary so I turned around to check who she is but after looking at the lady I found out that it's my mom.

First I was happy then shocked because my dad knew such a great personality although I don't know anything about Mr Hawke still the guy who can control this witch definitely deserves appreciation. Then came the fear, when my mom comes to know that I bullied someone. She'll not even try to save me from her.

As he said, my dad was very innocent and he never liked hurting anyone. So when mom will come to know that I was apparently "disgracing" my dad's name, she'll go berserk.

"Hi mam, I'm Elisa, My dad's lovely daughter," she said cheekily like some immature kid who didn't know anything.

"Hello, Elisa, I can see you're really lovely and you can call me Mary," she said kindly like her usual nature.

I suddenly hid my face so that she can't see my face, I thought I did this action very naturally and no one would have noticed but sadly both Emily and Elsa noticed this. Emily was confused while Elsa was a smart one, in this case. She connected the dots together and I knew that she has figured out that this Mary was the same Mary who's my mom.

"So Mary what is your son's name?  I would start searching for him as soon as possible," Elsa asked while smirking in my direction.

What the heck is her problem, she doesn't even know why I'm hiding but still, she just wants to make my life hell. 

"His name is Aaron and thank you for even trying," my mom said

Emily's eyes widened when she heard my name from her while I smacked my forehead because of Elsa.

"Ohh actually the one I've caught is also an Aaron you should see him what if he's your son and really sorry if he's the same one, Mary." She said in fake thoughtfulness

I was glaring at her without even hiding it, she should know that now she has made this war official. I may not be a murderer but I'm not going to let her defeat me so easily.

"Aaron, would you turn around?" she said in a sweet sugary voice which would have made anyone think that she's really innocent but well I know better than anyone else.

I looked at Emily, begging her to somehow help me but that traitor just shrugged and smiled sheepishly at me. Such a loyal friend I have...

I slowly turned around while still glaring at Elsa and then I cast my eyes downwards because I know there's a long lecture coming ahead.

My mom gasps and says  in exclamation," He's my Aaron, what is he doing here?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to whoever's reading this story, I hope you like it and continue reading it.

I want to thank @sidqwe for voting on my story and for still reading it.

Thank you @idontKnowMuchHoney for voting and following me. I hope you keep reading it. 

You, people, make me so happy along with others, I'm just a beginner so it feels wonderful when someone appreciates my writing. 

Once again thank you for reading and please vote for the chapter if you like it.