Chapter 3: Transfixed

Waking up each morning was like experiencing a new type of hell

Waking up each morning was like experiencing a new type of hell. The life he lived was so not worth the efforts he was putting in every single day. That was the only reason why he lay on his bed with his back faced upwards and his head twisted on one side as his chocolate brown hair sat swirling over his eyes. He was finally comfortable after hours of twitching and turning and was wide awake, lost in the train of his thoughts. Unfortunately, fate had different plans for him because he didn't even hear the footsteps echo behind him, and by the time he did, it was too late.

A groan of surprise stuck in his throat as all of a sudden a wave of cold washed over him. His head turned and he caught a brief cold shower, as ice-cold water rained upon him. His bed was soaked as was his whole damn body as he fixated his glare upon the culprit.

"What that fuck is wrong with you-" he started, only to be stopped by another wave of ice-cold water splashing upon his face. The glare prominent in his amber eyes, he stared at Mia Andrews standing at the foot of his bed with a hand holding an empty bucket pressed against her hip. A frown was plastered on her face as he got up fuming but changed into a lazy grin as she caught the thunderous expression in his eyes.

"Good morning," she said, an evil smile grazing her lips. She was enjoying this, that sadist.

Angel hissed at her, his anger getting the better of him for a second. But in the end, she was an integral part of his life. If something were to happen to her, he didn't know what his father would do. After all, she was who she was. Leaving his rage behind for a second, he ended up sighing and rubbing his face, to drain at least an ounce of his anger.

"Rise and Shine fuming bird, time for school!" she said, dropping the bucket and flaying her hands around. He shook his now wet head, and immediately perked up as an idea struck him. Matching her evil grin he picked up the soaked pillow from beside him and didn't hesitate once as he threw it at her.

The pillow hit her square on the face and he closed his eyes as a satisfied smile grazed his lips. She immediately stopped what she was doing and glared at him, but he remained unfazed as usual.

He smirked. She now knew how he felt.

"Get out. I'll get ready and come out." he said, not evening bothering to look at her as he got off the bed and walked towards the closed doors of his washroom.

"Fine." She said and stomped out of the room.

Dios, he hated school. He hated the attention he got every single day, from the girls who had their expectations, from the teachers who awaited his grades and the boys who looked forward to playing with him. Maybe if he had been brought up in a slightly different atmosphere, he would've enjoyed these simple experiences. But there was no sense of tolerance left in him.

The only people he could tolerate now were his closest friends. Mia Andrews, Christina, Jack and Luke. They knew when to back off and when to come close. And because of their family background, he had to stay close with them.