iv

Mary walks down the ring as her music hits.

"This is probably Mary's first title match since she officially parted ways with NXT."

"Paige is down here to support her friend, she knows how Dana Brooke likes to help Charlotte cheat and whatnot."

"Ya know what Byron? She deserves it, Mary's been neglected, and here's her chance."

She makes it to the ring, and not long after Charlotte's music hits. The two opponents glare at one another, and Paige pats her shoulder before leaving the ring.

The blonde enters, and cockily raises her title in Mary's face. Mary ignores this attempt to get a rise out of her, and simply glares in silence.

"Come on champ!" Charlotte teases. "Oh wait, you've never been a champion."

"Four time champ." She points to herself, then Charlotte. "Two time champ."

Charlotte lunges at Mary, who attempts to kick her but her left is caught. The brunette bounces on her leg, before hitting the taller woman with an enziguri kick, bringing her down.

The crowd cheers as she kips up to her feet. "Let's go Mary!" Paige cheers. Mary stands up, grabbing Charlotte's hair, but she counters rolling her over, but luckily Mary kicks out. The smaller woman stands up, but is hit with a few chops, before she is hit with a neck breaker. "Are you ready?!" Charlotte mocks, saying Mary's catchphrase.

She picks up Mary, punching her in the face. Mary gets to the rope before Charlotte can start the Figure Four, and the ref backs Charlotte up. Charlotte argues with him, and Mary doesn't see Dana come from behind her. She chokes her on the ropes, and slams her on them allowing Charlotte to take advantage.

Mary is dragged to the middle, and Charlotte goes to the corner. By the time Charlotte is running for a spear, Mary catches her with a kick to the face. She goes for the cover, but her opponent kicks out at two.

"TWOOOOO!"

Mary stands up frustrated, and walks to the corner. She turns around, and suddenly getting an idea. She points at Charlotte, looking to the crowd, their defeaning cheers drowning out the arena. Her twirling her hand in a circular motion only meant one thing.

Charlotte needed to be ENLIGHTENED.

Becky would be proud if she was out here.

Mary smiled watching Charlotte struggle to her knees, and she hits her with a running kick to the face. She twists on her stomach, and she mocks Charlotte, putting her hands on her chin, deviously smiling at the whirling champ.

Her fun is interrupted when she's pulled out of the ring by Dana Brooke. She hits her head going down roughly. Paige stomps towards her friend, and sees the evil glint in Mary's eyes as they drift to her. She smirked at her friend, she knew that look.

Dana looked at the duo, slightly frightened, before Mary stands up, breathing heavily, her hungry eyes on the blonde. She chases after her, and Paige goes the other way.

They meet up in the middle, Paige throwing a clothesline, and Mary kicking the girl in the back.

Mary quickly slides back in the ring, only to be hit with a big boot to the face. Charlotte gets the cover.

"1...2...3!"

Charlotte gloats, pitting her foot in Mary's throat. "Get off me!"

Charlotte leaves the ring, and goes backstage, leaving Dana on the ground, as Paige comforts Mary in the ring.

————

Mary's theme is a the top :)

Next chapter is definitely Mary meeting Sonya, and the storyline they have together, this is just a tiny filler