2. Being Confused

I do not own the picture

A long time ago, in a far away land was a young girl who was never noticed. She had no siblings and only a few friends, but she was happy. Her parents, however, were not.

They were young, having their first child at seventeen and eighteen. Neither parent had ever enjoyed their young adult lives because of the child, forced to raise the child instead of enjoying the fruits of youth.

The girl was too young to notice how unhappy her parents were and then one day, her parents left. They said they would come back, but the never did.

Perhaps they were slain by a beast or maybe they were lost, the girl did not know, but in her time of need, a woman from the heavens had came and aided her.

The girl continued to age, she continued to blossom and the woman had reached her peak and wilted leaving the child behind with doubts and worries. And then later, the girl had begun to decay too.

Till she had wilted and became all gray and then turned to ash to flicker in the flames.

You were warm and floating. It was like the world didn't exist around you, but it did and you knew it did. The light had shined through your eyelids and stirred your slumber. You awakened surrounded by water. The sound of it all soothed you. The water was warm and comforting.

You had vague memories of certain things, but you couldn't quite decipher those thoughts. It was like reading a book all out of order, but instead of clear scenes, there were only blurry faces and bad feelings.

You didn't know how your got where you were, you didn't really know who you were, but there were a few things that stuck with you well enough to give you a clue.

Your first name and the name Nathan Rhodes was all you really had. Who was Nathan? You didn't really know. Why did you hold such a hatred for him? You didn't really remember, but that wasn't an issue really.

Your main concern was finding out your location, but it was hard to clear your head enough to even try and think.

But if one thing was clear, it was the feeling of the sun light against your face. The warmth, it felt so amazing. It sent tingles down your spine and it reminded you of the caress of a caring mother. Though the description was oddly specific, that's what it felt like to you. You were in her embrace and you were happy to be there with her. It was an odd almost spiritual connection.

When you sat up in the water, you noticed that you were clad in only a thin white dress. On your neck, on a chain was a thick golden square. The air on your face and the water that encased you felt like nothing. It matched you body temperature perfectly.

Looking at your reflection in what seemed to be a shallow spring, you saw a little girl with (h/l) unruly (h/c) hair. Your skin was smooth and blemish free and your cheeks were slightly rosy. You looked like a doll.

You assumed you were about six just from the way your face looked. Your features were soft, but your (e/c) eyes had a sharpness to them. After taking in your features you couldn't help but look at the world around you.

The trees were covered in white, the same white as your dress—actually, the entirety of the land was. Where dirt and grass would be, there was snow. You were surprised that the spring wasn't frozen over, but you were glad that it wasn't.

You decided, in the end, that it would be safer to get out of the water before it actually did freeze as that is what water tended to do in cold weather, but when your bare feet touched the snow, it didn't feel as cold as you thought it would. The ice did not nip at your skin, in all actuality, you couldn't really feel it at all.