3. Being Curious

I do not own the picture! This is how I imagined Gorge!

You had to be carried somewhere. When you came to, a man in thick spectacles had been holding your foot, speaking to the slightly familiar Sister Morgan.

You couldn't quite understand them. "Her woun—...."

The man had longish sandy blond hair. It was on the wavy side, but that was all you really noticed about him as you couldn't actually see to well. You vision was clearing, but it was slow.

You ears were ringing, everything sounded too loud...

"Cauterized!?" Sister Morgan had yelled... well it was more like a particularly loud whisper than a yell, but it was enough to cause you to jolt. Both the man and Sister Morgan looked at you, their eyes wide.

"Hello there little miss." The man said. He looked upset about something, his eyebrows furrowed. He tried to relax his face, attempting to give you a smile, but you saw right through it. "My name is Gorge." He said softly.

You tilted you head, wondering what had got him is such a way.

Gorge scratched his neck. You noticed that he was the only one that didn't wear much black. He looked casually, sporting a loose pink shirt, grey trousers, and an off white knitted cardigan. His features were quite feminine from what you could tell, but the way he held himself made him seem like some sort of elegant prince. He stood taller than Sister Morgan by only bit, but to you, he was a giant. He looked young too, but you couldn't really tell his age.

He placed a hand on your head, taking notice that you didn't flinch. That was a good sign. "Did anyone hurt you on your way here, little one?"

You tilted you head to the other side, "No."

Gorge stared, confused. He wondered how your wounds had... "Oh...is that so?"

"Uh huh," You said, hopping off the table. You winced a little and the bandage on your foot didn't really give your feet a good grip on the floor, but other than that, you felt just fine. "Thanks for patching up my feet."

"Oh no, darling please get back on the tabl–" You stopped Sister Morgan, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the closest exit.

"I'm okay." You said, smiling. "It doesn't hurt."

The rest of your first day was eventful. You walked with Sister Morgan, much to her dismay, throughout the large building. It truly was a large structure. It was littered with vegetation. Flowers and vines seemed to grow in the oddest of places and the flourished under the sunroofs that appeared to be in many rooms.

You noticed that the classrooms and halls tended to have clear glass ones. They were smaller and less extravagant while the main hall, the one where all the hallways split, had a colored glass dome roof.

The stained glass fit together like puzzle pieces and the light that shined through bathed the marble walkways and stone walls in a multitude of pleasant pastel colors.

Sister Morgan had noticed your enchantment and had made a comment about how no one would have to clean snow off snow from the glass until next year. You didn't really pay attention to that or really anything as you were so mesmerized by the dancing colors of the sunlight. Unfortunately, the was someone else who was as preoccupied as you and you bumped right into them.

The impact wasn't hard, though you were a bit smaller than the boy, still... for some reason everyone went extremely silent.

Looking up, you saw a boy who looked no older than seven or eight years old. He was your height if not slightly taller. You had almost fallen on your behind but he was quick to grab your hand, something you wouldn't really expect from a boy as young as him. Most would have let you fall, you were sure of it.