Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen | Surprise Wedding!

February 2020

Walking into the kitchen, I find Brie glaring at Julian, who explaining to her with a level voice not to get upset.

It's rather funny to see a football player shielding himself behind the large kitchen island.

"How could you?" Brie asked Julian.

"What? Brie, it just happened." Julian answered.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Brie knows we're engaged." Julian answered as he moves to stand behind me and wrap his arm around me.

"How long did you plan on keeping it a secret?" Brie asked.

"Not long, that's why I wanted to have the dinner party, you know to tell everyone at the dinner party, I hope you're not really mad that we didn't tell you." I answered.

"I'm a little upset I had to walk in on Julian talking about it to his mom." Brie said.

"I told him to keep his mouth shut but I guess he can't even do that." I said, lacing my fingers with Julian's.

"You're announcement better be elaborate." Brie said, giving me a hug then giving one to Julian. "Congrats, a baby and engaged, it's a great year for our family." She added.

I smiled.

"Definitely, a great year and can you make sure Nicole and you wear black gowns. The dress code is black tie." I said.

"Oh, fancy." Brie said, smiling.

"Trust me, it's going to be an amazing night." I said.

"Holy Shit!" Nicole said as she walked into the venue.

"This isn't a fancy dinner party." Brie said as Amanita walked up to them.

"You're right if you two would follow me, Dominique, will explain everything." Amanita said.

"Amanita, what's going on?" Nicole asked as Amanita led them down a long hall then up the stairs to a double door room.

"We're here. Go inside, I still have to find Chiquis and Carrie." Amanita answered as Brie opened the door and gasped when she saw Dominique in a wedding dress.

"Surprise!" Dominique squealed as Brie and Nicole walked into the room.

"You're getting married!" Nicole squealed as she walked over to Dominique.

"Yes and I would like my sisters to be a part of my bridal party." Dominique said.

"So, this is why you wanted us to wear black gowns." Brie said.

"Yup, the bridal party are all wearing black." Dominique said.

Brie smiled as Nicole fixed Dominique's veil.

"Congratulations." Brie said.

"I'm so excited to be a part of this wedding and you look amazing. I can't believe three babies, an engagement and now a wedding so much is happening in our family." Nicole said.

"I know right so exciting." Dominique said, smiling.

"Come on, let's get you married." Brie said.

—