The Beginning

At the start of all things there's an event.

Something that changes things forever. In my life there was one. And no one could've prepared me for the way that it changed me, forever.

Long Ago...

Dire Wolves were given life in the Americas long before any known settlements. They were wild and strong but lived by code and the rule of nature. One day a female stumbled upon a human baby, weak and abandoned left by the rivers to starve and die. The wolf felt pity for the child and took it as it's own, raised it as if it were any other pup. The child grew into a strong woman and as she lived she wondered and often despaired over why she was nothing like the wolves she had grown along-side. At night she would lay at the riverside where she was found and look to the skies begging to be reborn to be more like her family. The Moon weeped for the lonely girl and granted her the wish she had asked for. The tears it wept fell into the river she lay by the river whose waters crashed against her skin.

That night the water changed her, the girl's skin grew hot and her gums began to burn. The fire coming from her mouth seemed to spread and spread until every last part of her burned like white flame. She cried out and her wolf family watched in confusion and pain as they knew not how to help or what was wrong. It went on for hours until the pain stopped and the girl could finally breathe but she knew something was different, she could see better, hear farther, everything down to the way the ground felt beneath her was different. She looked into the waters of the rivers and howled as she saw that her wish had been granted. She looked like her family she could be with them as she so pleased, and so the very first Lycan was born.

Many Years Later...

The bloodline of the first Lycan was treasured and revered all lycan-kind bowed to their might and greatness. But nothing lasts forever as the years went on and the bite of a Lycan proved either fatal or trans-formative to humans due to sheer numbers the bloodline was lost and the true kings and queens of species were thought to be dead. Now the rule of Lycan kind fell to the ones fortunate enough to have the right last name, to be apart of the right family. There were stories that the true Lycan blood would arise again and when it did it would be stronger than any other Lycan known to have lived.