four

Four Months Later...

I didn't go anywhere besides in my room and to these lessons. Maverick wanted to make sure that if I was going to be Queen I would be a picture perfect one. He put me on a strict routine and some of my lessons involved training. Nothing fighting related just physical training to make sure my body was in the best shape. I was put on a diet and I never ate carbs very little sugar and if it had sugar it was natural sugar. Or he'd have me eat sugar cane. Other than that I wasn't allowed to touch it or look at it. I was kept in the same windowless room, so aside from the people who escorted me to lessons and the people who brought me food I never saw any of the pack. I doubted they knew I existed, I doubt anyone remembers that I existed. Currently I was in my etiquette class, we were sitting at the table and I was being quizzed on my knowledge of forks when that girl from the second day I was here came in. My instructor for nearly every lesson and the only person that I talked to truly. Isolde, looked up at the girl and raised a perfectly arched eyebrow "Felix said it was a emergency and that you were needed Beta female. Do not worry the Alpha has told me to take her back to her room" Isolde closed her eyes and sighed before pushing her chair back and throwing her napkin down.

"We will continue tomorrow. I expect to see you at 5 am sharp" I nodded and watched as she carried herself out. She screamed pretentious asshole. When she'd left me and the girl exchanged looks, and me being no longer interested in anything, said nothing. I walked with her around the corridors I'd now become more than accustomed to. The only reason I had escorts now was because they wanted to make sure I didn't run "The Alpha will come for you later he spoke of needing to" she whispered when we got back to my room. I walked in and looked back at her as she slowly closed the door her head down. My curiosity still burned, I wanted to know more about her. Who was this girl?

"Where are you going?" I asked despite myself "To my room" she said quietly "Do you stay in the same type of room as this one" I asked looking around it "No. This whole wing has rooms like this. To keep the new wolves from getting any ideas about running. I'm not new, they broke me a long time ago I stay in the pack house now" she said closing the door some more "Can you stay a little bit" she paused and for the first time ever looked at me. Her warm chocolate brown eyes bore into mine and she was speechless "W-why" she asked clearing her throat when her voice broke "I don't get to see many people here. The ones I do never speak to me about anything other than what your Alpha tells em to say. You're the first person who's ever answered me. I'd just like someone to talk to" I whispered the last part to myself feeling a bit vulnerable for admitting that I was lonely.

"I feel that way too" she said quietly looking around the hallway before coming in and shutting the door. I smiled a little and sat on my bed patting the space in front of me "Sit" she held her head down and rushed over sitting down and playing with her fingers "Well first thing's first, what's your name" she pursed her lips and sighed "It's Juni. Juni Sparks" I smiled wider, that's such a cute name it honestly fits her. She pushed some hair behind her ear and I could see now clearly how she chewed her lip nervously "I'm Sage. Nice to meet you" I said holding my hand out for her to shake. She looked at it quizzically "You shake it" I said grabbing her hand and shaking it making her face twist even more in confusion. She's never shook a person's hand, how sheltered was she "When did they take you" I asked narrowing my eyes at her. Silence hung in the air and she stared at one of my pillows a frown deep set on her features "Maybe this was a bad idea" she whispered beginning to get up and run when I grabbed her "No please don't. I'll tell you my story first if it makes you more comfortable" she gave me a unsure look before nodding and listening to my story.

"What happened to your mom" she asked as I traced the latent scars on my wrists. They were small indents now only find em if you knew they were ever there "She died when I was young, my dad would never tell me the full story and I never pressed him for it he always looked so broken when he talked about her. So it was just me and him, and then he got sick and then it was just me" she nodded and rubbed her arms "You've must've lonely traveling the road like that by yourself" I shook my head "I always had to stop somewhere so I was always meeting people. And though it wasn't like having my Dad everyday it was just enough interaction to make it bearable" a silence fell over us again and I had begun to fall into my thoughts. This life was starting to seem too different from my old one only slightly more constricting. Maybe that's what I never understood, I was in my own type of prison but like Juni I'd become so used to it that I lived in it like it was normal.