Grateful #7

I had no job for about a year after I graduated. Seeing my friends having new world called working world drove me crazy. I was hopeless and feeling useless at that time. I hoped I didn't become a teacher although I was graduated as a bachelor of education. I didn't want to deal with 'children' in the case of being a teacher.

Almost ten months after I graduated, and I still had no job. It didn't mean I didn't apply or try anything. I did everything I could. I prayed and said, "I will do everything. I need to get a job. I need to be independent." And then I surrendered and answered the call. Now here I am. Being a highschool teacher and a homeroom teacher for 24 highschool students. Wow.

This is the 7th month I am being a teacher when I am writing. Sometimes, I still can't accept what I have to do. I still can't understand why I have to be like this or that in terms of educating these 'children'. I still can't believe that I need to be an adult for them.

But I'm grateful, really grateful to know them deeper. Their backgrounds are really different to each other. Their problems are more complex than mine. Their understanding of being adults are little bit different with mine.

That's how I try to be more mature, for being an adult to them, for being able to understand their psychology of being teenagers in this era.

And I need to be grateful, since where I am right now is because of my prayers and His blessing.