1 - Mysterious New Customer

Although it was a gorgeous, sunny day in Naples, You were too stressed and lost in your own thoughts to notice. You were running late to your job at the bakery Pasticceria Capuano, and this was the 3rd time in 9 days. Your boss was already irked with you from accidentally spilling coffee on a customer just a couple of days ago, due to daydreaming and not paying attention to where you were walking.

Most days you can’t help but daydream. You’ve been working at this place for about a year now, and though it was mostly a nice, relaxing vibe and your coworkers were cool, you often felt bored and wished something interesting would happen to liven things up once in a while....or that maybe someone interesting would come in besides the regulars and the suits that live in the neighboring business district. It certainly didn’t help that along with this, you’ve had such bad luck in the dating department. The few dates that you’ve been on this year were complete duds with guys that lacked personality and you had absolutely no chemistry with. Who would’ve thought today, that unspoken wish would come true, going beyond your wildest dreams?

💫✨

Once you settled in at work (You were 15 mins late, not as bad as the last few times at least) You got into the usual routine of serving customers and sorting the gourmet tea assortments during slower times. You managed to maintain focus on work today. While engulfed in filling out an order, you hear a deep, soothing voice say “Scusi.” You looked up and and were taken aback. A tall, truly stunning man stood before you, from his perfectly coiffed raven-colored hair, his glowing, well-moisturized olive skin, to expertly tailored white suit with black upside-down teardrops and conspicuous gold zippers as trims. The suit had a open space that exposed his bare chest, that had a noticeable tattoo on it that made it look as though he was wearing lace. Bet he would look nice in lace t——

“Scusi, signora?”

You looked up. God, what a beautiful face. His eyes were as blue as Golfo di Napoli, warm and soulful, yet come-hither and alluring. Very telling
that he's likely seen a lot in his young life. He had a somewhat aqualine yet pointy nose that suited his face perfectly and juicy rouge-kissed lips. Your eyes lingered on his lips for a couple of seconds before responding.

S-Sí, signore! Come posso aiutarla?
(Y-Yes sir! How can I help you?) You stuttered. Real smooth.

He smiled. “Ciao, cara, I would like to order a cup of coffee, per favore.”

“Sure thing! Coming right up!”

You can’t help but wonder if you said that too enthusiastically. You go into a sub section behind the counter where you go to brew the coffee and couldn’t help but sneak a glance at the gentleman. Such a poised countenance, he even sat gracefully. He decided to look through a magazine that a customer left behind. Why did you have to be so perceptive? You even noticed how delicately he turned the pages.

A fleeting ponder of what else he can do with those hands ended abruptly as you just barely caught the coffee on the verge of spilling out of the cup. You picked out an especially nice cup for him too, it would’ve been a shame for it to have been dirtied upon arrival to this handsome customer.

You scurried back over to him with his coffee. He greeted you with a warm smile as you approached him. 

“Here you go, Signo---"

NO.

NO WAY.

No, no, no, no. This is not happening.

Time felt like it was going in slow motion at this point, however it was too late for you to do anything about it. 

Somehow, you ended up tripping on your own shoes and spilling the coffee you just brewed all over the man’s nice custom suit. Something that you actively tried to avoid. It was a miracle that it didn’t get on his exposed chest. 

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!?" A belligerent voice in the distance bellows. Oh boy. Here we go.