4 - Blossoming

TW: Anxiety/anxious thoughts
CW: Slightly NSFW scenes/hints 😉

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope to hear from you soon bella.

You sat on your couch staring at the note you were given by Bruno. You were home now, released after you stayed overnight. You were unaware, but Bruno even took care of your medical bill.

You were feeling a lot better, but the doctor insisted you rest for a few more days. So there you sat, on your not -so-comfy couch, contemplating your next move....contemplating about Bruno. Was it too soon to call him? You didn't want to come off as desperate, but you were so very eager to see his lovely face again. Hear his low, commanding yet soft-spoken voice. You've never felt so fluttery around anyone before. He makes you feel like everything will be okay. You feel... Safe around him. You take a deep breath.

" .... Here goes nothing," you say out loud. Hands shaking and hesitant, you slowly dial the number that Bruno so elegantly wrote down for you. His penmanship rivaled the beauty of old world calligraphy. You intially was going to call, but you were way too nervous. A text will do for now.

8:37pm (You): Good Evening, Bruno! This is (y/n) the girl you helped at the cafe. Hope I'm not contacting you too late.

You press send. Why are you being so ridiculously anxious about this, you thought to yourself. He DID apparently want to hear from you.

Your brain sensationalized every agonizing moment that passed. "He probably forgot all about you", your brain fictionalized.

8:52pm (Bruno): Why hello, Bella! I'm so happy to hear from you. Please forgive my delayed response. How are you feeling?

He responded! Your heart soared. Eagerly, you type your response:

8:54pm: (You) I'm feeling better! Still some pain by the eye, and the pain meds make me drowsy, but other than that I'm doing well!
Thank you so much again for all you did for me, you are truly selfless. ☺️

8:57pm: (Bruno) That's wonderful. I am delighted to hear that you are convalescing nicely. And it was my pleasure, as are you.
8:58pm (Bruno): You have no idea how elated I am to hear from you again. Forgive me if this is a bit much, but may I call you in a few minutes, bella? I've been dying to hear your voice once more.

You felt your heart beating out of your chest. He was dying to hear from you? You of all people? At this point, you feel fairly certain (though perhaps, perplexed) that Bruno is into you. Perhaps as much as you are into him, and you feel that in itself is virtually immeasurable.

As you became lost thought, your phone pings with another text.

9:08pm (Bruno): I'm sorry bella, was I too forward? I can sometimes get pretty excited about certain things...I hope I didn't scare you away.

Even though Bruno carried such a commanding presence, it seems, that when you are allowed to be closer to him, he emits a certain.... fragility---vulnerability to him. As if he didn't turn you on enough.

"Oh my goodness! I left him hanging!" You say out loud as you snap yourself out of your thoughts.

9:10pm (You): Oh my, I'm so sorry! I became lost in thought for a moment! Of course you can call me! I would love to hear from you as well! ☺️

9:12pm (Bruno): Perfectly fine, and great! I'll call you in 15 minutes, okay? And you were lost in thought, huh? I wonder what about? If you feel comfortable saying so I'd love to hear over the phone, lovely. 😉❤️ Talk to you soon.