2 - Sticky Situation

Of course, it was your boss. He stormed into the dining area, looking as though he's seen nothing but red. Sadly, he's been known to drink on the job, especially when business was slow, so he may have very well been drunk, or at the very least tipsy, right now. And when he drinks, he becomes even more bellicose that he usually is.

"First off, you're late, I dunno how many times within this week, now you're making a habit of spilling hot beverages on customers??!!? Especially on someone who looks like they could buy your whole existence off of you?!!?"

At this point, a scene was thoroughly made. You looked down at the young man whose suit you soiled, who seemed to look at you with a mix of pity and concern. You felt so ashamed, and looked away quickly. The young man attempted to interject, but your boss continued:

"If you think I'm going to just allow you to keep doing shit like this, you're wrong! Pack up your stuff and get the FUCK out of here! I don't know what I saw in you in the first place, you puttana goffa (clumsy bitch)!

A few horrified gasps and "How could he talk to her like that?" sprinkled the air. You were on the brink of crying, where finally the young man had enough. He got up, and spoke to the older man calmly, but sternly:

"Now, signore, I must assure you that I'm sure this was an accident. There is no need to fire this lovely young lady (Oh my God, he called you lovely) over something so minor. She has served me with such kindness and excellent customer service. You, would be doing yourself a disservice to rid yourself of such a great employee."

You have to admit, that flustered you a fair bit. This beautiful man was basically standing up for you, defending your honor, even. You were never much into fairy tales or damsel-in-distress stories, but it did feel nice that this one time someone went out of their way to do so for little ol' you. Someone so otherworldly that it's hard to think that they're real...

Unfortunately, your boss wasn't having it. He now growled at the young man, attempting to intimidate him, though he was at almost a foot shorter than him, saying:

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?!!?? You're on her side? I'm trying to put up for YOU, cazzone! You should learn to accept help when it's given to you, ragazzo."

He pointed into the man's chest further attempting to prove his alpha maleness. You couldn't just let him do that. You finally spoke up,

"Hey," You said, grabbing his shoulder lightly. "You don't need to touch him! I'll get my things and go as you asked!"

"DON'T YOU FUCKING TRY TO GET BRAVE NOW, PUTTANA!!"

Before you could respond, you felt a sudden, painful impact with your eye. Next thing you knew, you were on the ground, looking up at the intricate architectural design on the ceiling of the old restaurant. He hit you... You weren't knocked out cold exactly, but you were definitely down for the count.

The young man grew enraged.
"I can handle you putting your hands on me, even though I could've punched your lights out where you stand. But you put your hands on a woman.... NOW YOU WILL FEEL MY WRATH!!!"

A blueish glow emitted from the perfectly coiffed man, and a spirit manifested next to him. The spirit had a blue, silver/grey & gold color scheme; a blue spiked helmet that virtually covered its whole face except for its lips, gray padding on its forearms and medieval reminiscent knee pads, shin guards & shoes. The gold represented the spikes on the helmet and the conspicuously large zipper sliders on its neck and waist area. It exuded power & grace, valor.

This spirit was something that normal people could not see, but they could see the glow coming from the young man, they could feel an intangible energy.

"Whaddya gonna do, pretty boy? You gonna recommend me to your hairstylist? HAAAHAHAHAHAHA"
Of course, he was the only one guffawing at his own joke. His laugh was throaty and grating on the ears.

The young man stared right through the man's soul. The look was so intense, it caused the boss to snap out of his laughing fit and actually flash a look of nervousness & bewilderment. The boss didn't stop long enough to think before he acted, and began to swing. Mid swing, the young man vociferated;

"STICKYYYYYYYYYY FINGERRRRRRRRSSSSSS!!!!!"

In the blink of an eye, the spirit unleashed a barrage of blows onto the man, seemingly coming from all directions. You laid on the ground, mind & eyesight hazy, buy you saw the man seemingly being lifted in the air by sheer magic, as you could not see anything holding him up, and numerous indentations of what seemed like fists forming all over his body.

From the young man's perspective, this spirit, (Apparently named Sticky Fingers), was punching the loudmouth at rapid speed & disfiguring the jackass to almost beyond recognition. As the spirit pummeled, it let out the cry:

"ARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARIARI.... ARRIVEDERCI!!!!!"

With the finishing blow, the man virtually catapulted into the air and landed hard onto to the counter, hitting it at full impact and sliding down to a slumped over position on the ground, almost like that which you would see in a cartoon. His face was bloody and completely dismembered. The other folks in the restaurant were astonished and not certain what they just witnessed, but clapped for the performance all the same.

In your injured state, you barely caught what was happening, and suddenly you see, though blurry, that beautiful face that made your heart skip a beat as soon as you saw it the first time. The young man asked you softly,
"Signora? Are you all right? You don't have to worry about your boss, I took care of him."

You pained a smile and breathlessly attempted to answer the sweet man, but before you could, everything began to fade to black. The calming voice grew more distant.

"Signora?"

"SIGNORA!"