-21-

The winds were picking up as the storm raged throughout Arendelle. The snow continued to fall, and the air was frigid. The ice blocks in the fjord were beginning to shift, which made walking on the frozen surface dangerous.

The snow hit Harry's face hard, blinding him, but he and Calum continued. He held his hand up to shield his eyes when he reached the shore. It broke his heart to see the fjord waters frozen into solid blocks and the ships turned on their sides.

"Luke!" He called out weakly. He couldn't see him, but he knew he was coming over the fjord—and he knew he was his last chance for survival. The ice was still spreading through his heart, making him weaker and weaker. He was determined, but was losing strength with each step.

The snow was swirling wildly now, covering everything. "Whoa!" Calum cried as the wind lifted him up and took him from Harry.

Not far away, but completely engulfed in the snowstorm, Luke was riding on Sven's back, racing desperately toward Harry. As he passed over the fjord, a ship that was wedged in the thick ice in front of him began to shift and wobble. "Come on! Come on!" Luke urged Sven.

At that moment, the ice in front of Luke shifted again and caused the ship to drop, splintering the surface. Sven bravely jumped over the frigid waters and bucked his rider off to safety. Then the reindeer fell into the water.

"Sven!" Luke screamed. "Sven!"

With a mighty effort, Sven leaped out of the water and landed safely on a floating piece of ice. He nodded, signaling that he was all right.

"Good boy," Luke called. He turned back to find Harry.

—————
Michael was out on the frozen fjord, struggling through the storm. He was pursuing Ashton, however—and he nearly had him. "Ashton!" he yelled loudly through the howling winds. "You can't run from this!"

"Don't try to stop me," Ashton called back to him. "Just take care of my brother."

"Your brother?" Michael laughed. "He returned from the mountain weak and cold. He said you froze his heart."

Ashton gasped. "No!" He was overwhelmed by what his powers had done. His worst fears had come true.

"I tried to save him," Michael lied. "But it was too late. His skin was ice. His hair was turned white. Your brother is dead because of you."

Ashton dropped to his knees and put his head in his hands.

The storm stopped abruptly in response to Ashton's overwhelming despair. The winds and the driving snow ceased, leaving snowflakes suspended in the air.

In the sudden stillness, Luke finally spotted Harry. He was clutching his chest and his skin was pale, almost white. His strength was decreasing with each passing moment.

Barely able to speak, he uttered his name and fell to his knees. "Luke."

"Harry! Harry!" Luke called desperately as he ran toward him.

In the quiet air, the people of Arendelle gathered at the shore, staring out at the frozen fjord. The view was finally clear, and they could see their king kneeling on the ice, his head bowed. Prince Michael stood behind him.