THUNDER: CHAPTER TWO - CHASING, FOLLOWING, SEARCHING

CHAPTER TWO - CHASING, FOLLOWING, SEARCHING

Please read this chapter with lights on and in a proper position! :D

“AAAAAAAAAHHH!”

One young man screams as he frantically jumps off his bed and immediately runs around his house. He quickly grabs a towel nearby and then dashes rapidly towards the bathroom.

“Thean! Thean! You’re such a slowpoke!” he scolds himself as he slaps his face.

Days have passed since the last breakdown process of the Queen. No other breakdown has happened after that, which makes everyone happy. Storms may not be that damaging to the Sky than the Ground, but when a storm comes, the Sky seems to stop and lament with the Queen. It hurts to see the Queen suffering, and the atmosphere when there is a storm turns very dark and scary.

Nonetheless, despite its being undesirable, Thean is half-sad that another storm has not come after the last. Yes, he feels rude for liking its occurrence even though it pains the Queen, be he just cannot avoid wanting to see somebody everytime a storm comes. Plus, he doesn’t know why he feels so.

Good thing there is another time for him to get a glimpse of her.

Thean finishes bathing and changing his clothes, still hurrying as ever. His stomach grumbles, denoting its request for food. However, he realizes he does not have enough time left to eat, so he ends up just drinking a glass of milk. Immediately afterwards, he leaves his house.

Once every month, Rei Ni explores the whole city to hang out and roam around the place and enjoy its scenic views and light atmosphere, as well as to also get some things for herself. This always happens on the fourth day of the second week of the month, but gets postponed two days after whenever the Queen has a breakdown.

For Thean to know this, he has roamed around the city everyday for half a year. After luckily discovering this, when it’s already that day of the month, he also goes to the same places Rei Ni goes to when she roams the city. It’s like stalking, yes, and he admits that it’s like that, but she knows him anyway, so it’s not really stalking, at least for him.

This month, that day is actually today.

Thean flies, doing this as fast as he can. You know, he is late so he has to hurry. Flight ability is something exclusive to elemental beings like Thean and other non-ordinary Sky dwellers.

Thean accelerates in his flight, feeling worried about his being late and at the same time excited of seeing Rei Ni once more. For once he can’t stop smiling in glee. He heads to the first destination Rei Ni goes everytime she does her monthly city adventure.

“SEE YAAA!” he screams at the top of his lungs, then giggles.

--

He has not seen her yet.