Chapter 2

A cool breeze kissed my face waking me up. Breathing in the fresh cool air, I smiled as I took in my new place.

This is Linntown, I told myself, as I got up and dashed towards my cupboard to pick an outfit. Luckily, my roommates
were still fast asleep, which meant a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for me. After a few minutes of debating on which outfit to choose, I finally selected a long, flare, black skirt and a yellow vest. The air was chilly and the black coat would be just perfect.

I quickly freshened up and combed my waist-length amber locks into a low ponytail. I was then ready and soon headed to college.

I ambled through Linntown and enjoyed the sight of my first day. The breeze was cold and I loved it. It was nothing like the sun-baked Belden where I came from. Vests and shorts were the norms there because of the soaring temperatures.

A chill ran down my spine at the sudden change of temperature as I walked to the college. I felt the need to turn back constantly, as the feeling of someone watching me crept up on me again. The clouds began to shift and the air became denser.

What started as a nice cloudy day was now suddenly turning to grey. My vision started to slightly blur, as a thick grey fog rolled in, covering the trees around me and the street in front of me. I was startled by the sound of a twig snapping and instantly looking in direction of the sound. I jumped at the sudden silhouette of a man standing right in front of me, his gaze transfixed on me.

Who are you? I asked, still unable to see him clearly. He didnt answer, but he was now walking towards me. My heart was racing, and my breath was no different. I was in danger.

Look, you dont know who I am. I am a black belt in karate, I lied, hoping it would scare the man. I have pepper spray, I warned, after noticing that my first lie probably was a joke to him. I rummaged through my bag for the pepper spray, but as luck would have it, it wasnt there.

I am sure Rose packed in the pepper spray, but maybe she packed it in my main bag, I thought, after looking in vain.What am I going to do? I was paranoid. I looked around in search of a weapon, but there was nothing around that could double up as one.

Frightened, I turned to look back at him, but he was gone. Where did he go? I looked around, puzzled.