Wedding Bells (part 2) (Jackson Avery x OC)

The wedding had been cancelled

It had been a week since that day, and no one had seen Kristen.

No one had even talked to her. No one knew where she was.

Technically today was the day that their honeymoon was supposed to end, and Jackson and Kristen were supposed to come back to work.

Jackson had been at the hospital for the whole week hoping to see Kristen there.

Today was no different. Only his anxiety levels were even higher than they had been before. If she didn't show up today, he wasn't sure that she ever would again.

Sitting on a couch in the attendings lounge his foot bouncing up and down.

Every person that entered the room made him jump up from his spot on the couch, but not one person who came into the lounge was her.

He was about to lose hope, when she walked in.

The love of his life, Kristen. The woman whose heart he had unintentionally broken.

"Kristen," the name left from his mouth before he could stop himself.

Said woman looked up and in an instant her eyes were rimmed with tears.

"I can't do this," was all she said before leaving the room.

Jackson waisted no time running after her.

This was his chance, if he didn't use it, he will lose her for good.

"Kristen no, please stop, please, let us talk. Please I'm begging you." Jackson said as he ran after her.

Kristen was now entering an elevator with Jackson hot on her heels.

Kristen still hadn't said anything.

As soon as the doors closed Jackson pushed the emergency stop button.

"Kristen," he said softly.

"Jackson there is nothing you can say to make this better. I thought that I was strong enough to come back to work after a week, but I am not. I can't bare seeing you." Tears were now streaming down her face.

As she tried to push the button to make the elevator move again, Jackson stopped her.

"I'm only asking for a minute of your time. Please."

All he got in response was her arm falling limp to her side.

"I don't know what you saw or what you thought about it but let me tell you this. I am in love with you and you alone. I didn't invite Maggie to come there. I didn't want her there. I know that this doesn't make anything better, but she is the one who kissed me, not the other way around. I pushed her away. I just don't want to lose you. I can't lose you. I don't think I would survive that."

Jackson was trying to make her see his true feeling.

"Jackson, I don't know. She was there and you let her kiss you. I don't know what to think of that. I don't know what you want me to tell you." Kristen was looking down at her hands.

"I don't want you to do anything but give me one last chance. You are perfect, you are my sun, moon and stars. I don't deserve you and I know that. I just hope that you have enough room in your heart to give me one more chance. I can't promise that I won't ever let you down, but I will try my best everyday not to."

Jackson walked closed to her taking hold of her hands. Then continued.

"I will try my best to show you every day how much I love you, how much I care about you, how amazing I think you are. I hope that one day I will be able to win back your trust. I hope that you are willing to not give up on us, on me. "

Jackson used one of his hand to gently lift her head, so they were now looking into each other's eyes.

Kristen took a deep breath. If you were talking about physical appearance then Jackson's eyes had always been her favourite thing about him. She had never seen more beautiful eyes than his. She felt as if she could get lost in them for hours.

His eyes were also one of her favourite things about him because she could always tell what he was feeling through them.

So, looking into his eyes now, all she saw was love for her and regret for the things that had happened on their wedding day.

The decision for her didn't come easily, but she truly felt that she couldn't answer differently to his request.

"I am willing to give you a chance. But you must know that things aren't going to go back to the way they were before the wedding. I need time to trust you again. I still love you; I just need time to heal."

Jackson couldn't believe his luck. She was willing to give him a chance, that was all he needed.

Wrapping his arms around her in a hug he whispered. "I'll give you all the time you need and I'll wait however long needed for you to trust me again."