The Six of Us (Karev/Grey/Yang/O'Malley/Stevensx OC)

Waking up her head hurt

She didn't really remember much.

Why her head hurt? - Not a clue

Slowly opening her eyes Sandy noticed that she was in a hospital bed with an IV and a heart monitor hooked to her.

But what she saw next made her smile.

On the couch she saw a sleeping Christina, her head leaning on Meredith, who was also sleeping. Third person asleep on the couch was Izzy.

Looking to her right she saw Alex sleeping in an armchair.

What surprised her the most was that when she looked to her left, she saw George sleeping in a chair right next to her bed. His head and upper body were leaning on her bed and one of his hands was holding hers.

"They have spent all of their free time here you know." The quiet voice of doctor Bailey made Sandy look towards the door.

The quick movement of her head from one side to the other made her head hurt a little.

"What happened Doctor Bailey?"

However hard she tried to remember on her own, she couldn't.

"There was a patient out of control. Hysteric if I do say so myself. He was running around the hospital like a madman. You tried to calm him down and it seemed to have been working, until he saw the guard who had come behind him. That set him off again and he pushed you down the lobby stairs." Baily explained.

"Oh," was all that Sandy managed to reply.

"There was some internal bleeding and also some in your brain caused by the force of the fall. Luckily to you, you were pushed down the stairs in one of the best hospitals that there is, so we fixed you up. These morons however haven't been able to work properly with you in here." Bailey's voice was a little annoyed in the end, but Sandy could see the relief in her eyes as she spoke.

A small smile crossed Sandy face.

"Thank you," she said to Bailey.

Bailey only nodded before opening her mouth, "Wake up morons!"

She said it so loudly that all five interns sleeping in her room woke up startled.

It was kind of funny to see them panicking, trying to look presentable in Bailey's presents.

Izzy was the first one of them to notice that Sandy was awake.

"Sandy, you're awake!" At that, all the other interns turned their gazed towards her.

As they all started talking to her about what had been happening and what she had missed; Sandy couldn't believe her luck. She truly had an amazing group of friends, who she hoped she would never lose.