Emotions (Derek Shepard x OC)

Tiffany had met Derek at a coffee shop

Tiffany had met Derek at a coffee shop. She was on her morning run when out of nowhere it had started raining. Picking up her speed she tried to find a place where she could escape from the rain.

That's why she decided to step into a coffee shop she had never been in before.

Looking back now, if she had known that this was the place where she would meet her future husband, she would have worn something different.

There had only been one table free and as Tiffany pulled out one of the chairs to sit down, Derek pulled out the other.

Sharing a table in a small coffee shop on a rainy morning was the start of their love story even though at the time neither one of them knew it.

They had left the coffee shop without any expectation. They had both enjoyed the company but didn't think more of it. Well not before they had managed to bump into each other in three more times.

After the third time they exchanged numbers.

Now five years later they were married and living in their dream house with their children. Annie aged 3, Mark aged 1 and a third one on their way.

After getting married and having Annie, Tiffany decided to become a stay-at-home mom.

If you were to ask Tiffany, she would tell you that it was harder than running 10 miles without any training. Especially being seven months pregnant.

Because Mark had a fever, he was fussier then usual and Annie seeing Mark getting more attention started throwing tantrums.

Somehow finally Tiffany had managed to put both of her kids to bed. Sitting on the living room couch, she felt herself break and tears started falling down her face.

About a minute later Derek got home.

"Hey honey, how was your day?" he asked while putting his coat on a hanger. When he didn't receive an answer, Derek turned towards his wife.

It concerned him to see tears falling down her face.

"Tiffany what happened?" He stood before her.

Tiffany lifted her tear-filled eyes to finally look at Derek.

"I'm a bad mom, I'm a bad wife, I'm just failing at everything right now." More tears made their way out of her eyes. "Mark has a fever, Annie hated everything today and I haven't even had the time to make you dinner. How am I so bad at everything? How am I going to be able to raise our third baby if I'm already failing with the two that we have?"

Tiffany covered her eyes with her hands and let out a quiet sob.

Derek sighed and sat down in front of Tiffany on the living room table.

Taking a hold of her hand and removing them from her eyes he said. "You aren't failing. It's just one hard day. You are doing an amazing job as a mom. It's me that should help more around here. I have let you down. You haven't done anything wrong."

Derek leaned forward and placed kisses on both of her cheeks before continuing.

"For better or for worse, you are my wife. Today was hard for you but that only means that tomorrow will be better. You are amazing. You are the sun of my life. Without you I wouldn't be where I am today. I love you. I loved you yesterday, I love you today and I will love you tomorrow."

Tiffany still had tears streaming down her face, but not from feeling defeated. The tears falling down her face were ones of happiness and love. How had she gotten so lucky to have someone like Derek on her life?

They both leaned forward and shared a short but a loving kiss.

After the kiss had ended, Derek stood up.

"Okay, so what do you want for dinner, I'm making anything you want." Derek asked as he rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt.