☃️Chapter Fifteen⛄️Heading Off⛄️

⛄️The Moon's Daughter⛄️

☃️Chapter Fifteen☃️

⛄️Heading Off⛄️

☃️Elsa Moon☃️

Packing everything that I will need in a backpack I do it with sadness. The room covered in snow and the soft snowflakes of sadness linger around me. After hearing that story about my birth makes me realize that I am something more than I thought I was. I always thought that my father was just too busy to work to take me to the human world or earth but now I know that he's been trying to protect me from Pitch who's been trying to haunt me down or something.

I've heard about all the evil things Pitch has done over the centuries but I've never seen nor met him, or at least when I remember it. And going up against him is something that I do fear because my father literally is the strongest creature in the world and yet he could not defeat Pitch. I don't see how I can do it if he couldn't. A knock on the door breaks me away from my worried thoughts. I sigh before I lift the frost that has formed on the door that was keeping it in place and locked.

Jack enters the room looking rather nervous and pretty cute, why is he so adorable? "Hey, ready to go?" He asks me and I nod, not even feeling like speaking at this point. I have no idea what I can do or say. We are about to go to our deaths and that does scare me, all about this does scare me. "You know, Pitch isn't as scary as you might think. But, you just have to make sure he doesn't get inside your head because then you will turn on yourself" Jack says and that actually does make me feel better.

Having someone who has stood against him makes this much easier than it would've been if I had been going alone. "But, that's not what you're worried about, is it?" He asks and I nod my head. I put down my backpack and sigh as I sit down on the bed that is covered in snow and ice but I don't care, it makes it more home. "You can tell me, you know" He says and smiles at me, his smile does make me feel better and better. How does he do this? "It's just..." I start and trail off.

"My whole life I've been kept at home, in the castle. I didn't have many friends and I was most of the time all alone. I've never done anything to prove myself to be strong. I'm not a warrior or anything special. I'm just me..." I say, feeling a hard time expressing my feelings. I've always been known to conceal my feelings deep inside of them and talking about them isn't my strong suit. "I understand" He says and I instantly look up at him with a confused look. He sighs before he takes my hand and it feels so right to have his big hand in my small one.

"I spent three hundred years trying to figure out who I was and what I was meant to do. There were times that I just sat alone and thought to myself that I was nothing, that Manny made a mistake by bringing me back. Sometimes I would try to prank the other guardians to let them know that I was there. I was all alone and no one saw me, I roamed the earth for so long looking for a purpose but in the end I was still left alone until a couple of years ago when Manny made me a guardian" He says and his story does make me sad.

I can't believe that he suffered like this, like me. "I'm sorry" I whispers, not knowing what I can say. His life has much more loneliness than my does and I can't complain about mine when I've heard about his. "We should go, North would be furious if he found out we were sitting here and talking about out past lives" He jokes and I giggle a bit. And for a moment I felt as if everything stopped.

We look into each other's eyes. Light crystal blue to dark blue. And for a moment I wanted to dive down deep into his eyes but we have a mission to complete and I can't continue to do this now. I stand up and look down at the ground to hide the blush that has formed. I must remind myself that I can't let my feelings get in the way of this mission. It will end badly, for all of us and the rest of the world. I pick up my backpack and put the last things in it.

But before I could put it on my back, Jack takes it from my hands. "A princess should carry anything heavy" He mumbles but I think he's embarrassed. I smile at him as we head outside the room as I take one last look inside before I close the door. We walk into the Globe room where North is the only one standing there with a guilty look. "I'm sorry the others could not be here, they have duties but they send their regards and wish you a happy journey" He tells us and we nod our heads, I already knew they have other things to do.

"Well, I suppose this is it" I awkwardly say. I've never been good with goodbyes as I've never really gone anywhere or said it to anyone except for my father and it was always strange when we did. North walks up to Jack and whispers something to him which makes him pale at his words but I only look at them with curious eyes. When he's done Jack comes over to me and we look at each other. "Let's do this" He says and I take his hand. "Let's do this" I say again, trying to come up with confident. Then I let the wind take us up into the air and we're off.