"Somewhere there's danger...and somewhere else the tea is getting cold."

A/N Happy 51st Anniversary Doctor Who! Thank you to everyone who has read, voted and commented on my story, I hope you stick around and enjoy the rest because it means the world to me to share this with fellow fans.

Gemma x 

******

I told myself I needed a break after all that darkness and intensity though in reality, my heart was breaking with anger and frustration that I could not join Ace and the Doctor on their adventures, so the only way I could survive was to drift away from them and have adventures of my own on board the TARDIS and the TARDIS happily obliged as she let me explore deeper into her depths and she showed me so much and she decided it was time I learnt a few things as I discovered how a TARDIS actually worked. The Doctor was hardly the best mechanic, he tended to fiddle about with his time machine and when that failed he had been known to bash the TARDIS console very hard and  could be pretty careless with his “old girl”, over the years the TARDIS engines phased a couple of times while his “Time Lordship” was off on his adventures but I fixed them, every TARDIS has a replica of the eye of harmony, the very power source of the TARDIS that gives it the ability to travel through time, well the “eye” (a collapsing star held in suspension) got a bit cranky from time to time but on my watch I made sure it never “opened”. But the best thing of all was learning to pilot the TARDIS, of course I could never fly the TARDIS as well as a Time Lord or even the Doctor (only joking the Doctor is a resourceful and brilliant pilot but for destination times not the most reliable one but hey it’s more exciting that way) because after all I was only human but a human who had grown up and spent all her life on board a time machine, so I was pretty in tune with the workings of the TARDIS, the TARDIS would communicate with me in my head and I would just know what buttons to press and levers to pull but the reality was that TARDIS’, especially the old type 40’s were designed for multiple pilots  but it was the proudest moment of my life when I discovered the materialization code but of course I never actual flew the TARDIS, it was all simulations but one day I have been told that my newfound skills will come in very handy for the Doctor, just the thought of it now, utterly thrills me. But it still wasn’t enough, I grew angry with the TARDIS and drifted away because I still could not be with my Doctor…

 I was truly sad when I came back and regretted that I had lost touch, for the next time I saw this version of the Doctor, Ace was long gone and he was on his way home with the Master’s remains but of course the Doctor’s old adversary doesn’t do death and hijacked the TARDIS which at the time was malfunctioning forcing the Doctor to make an emergency landing and get shot down on the streets of San Francisco as endings go for the Doctor, it was a pretty brutal one. And I can never forgive myself for abandoning the Doctor.