"Four minutes? That's ages, what if I get bored?"

Maybe the TARDIS needed me to see, to understand what the Doctor faced, to understand why he could no longer be the Doctor anymore. The whole of the Universe, time and space and all creation stood on the brink of extinction, every moment in time was burning and they would have been no more days to come if the Doctor had not fought back. This was the beginning of the last great Time War between the Daleks and the people of Gallifrey. And it was the Doctor’s darkest hour. He never really had a choice… The Doctor scarcely looked older than when I last saw him, except his eyes gave him away.  The Doctor had come to the aid of a brave young woman on a doomed spaceship, they were crashing but she would not come with him, not when she discovered that the Doctor was a Time Lord. And the Doctor, oh the Doctor, that kind, brilliant but stubborn, mad man would not leave her, so he remained on the ship and crashed with her. The Doctor was dead. But the immortal sisters of Karn had managed to revive him, it was only momentarily but they had the power to save him and kick start his regenerations. There was a moment when I thought the Doctor did not want to live as he saw the dead woman from the spaceship before him and in a way the Doctor did die that day to be reborn into something else. The Doctor chose life and therefore to fight. There could be no tears, nor regrets as I said goodbye to the Doctor.