3 Days

Tik...tok...tik...tok...

The ticking clock echoed throughout an empty house. Still and silent, a blond boy laid in his bed. His empty eyes staring at the plastic stars he had stuck on the ceiling back when he was younger. He hated them, they reminded him of the time when life was simple, when he was happy. His lids fluttered closed as he felt tears swelling up in his eyes again. Not now. He had to be happy for his friends one last time, he wanted them to have good memories of the final time they ever hung out. 

Tik...tok...tik....tok...BAM

Jisung gasped, startled by the loud sound.
"Coming!" He yelled as the banging continued. Making his way to the front door, Han rubbed his face, taking a deep breath before opening it. 

"Took you long enough, aye?" His freckled friend complained in a playful tone, pushing his way into the house alongside a short, black haired guy. Jisung just shook his head, a small smile creeping onto his face as he made eye contact with the third male.

"Thanks for inviting us, Hannie."

Staring into his deep colored eyes, Han Jisung didn't answer at first, just giving the guy a nod.

"Y..you know I enjoy having you over."
He finally said in a tiny voice. Ever since they first met, a few months back, Minho has been making Jisung's heart race every time they spoke.

They weren't able to see each other too often, Minho was spending most of his free time at a dance studio, practicing in hopes of one day becoming a professional dancer. Finally getting to hang out with him meant a lot to Han. The blond got lost in his thoughts again, just looking up at the other's perfect face.

"Hey lovebirds, stop staring at each other! You've been standing at that door for three hours!" Han heard his freckled friend's voice.

"Shut up, Felix." He responded, finally looking away from Minho. The dark haired boy chuckled at his friends, his laugh making Han feel all warm and fuzzy. Truly, Minho's voice was the sweetest sound Jisung has ever heard.

"Cute.." Jisung noticed a small cat keychain tied to Minho's backpack zipper. 'How adorable' he thought.

"Oh this?" The male smiled as he glanced down at the tiny cat. "It looks just like my cat Dori, that's why I bought it...do you like it?"

Jisung was about to say something but he heard Felix yell at them once again, making his cheeks puff up in frustration.

"You are so annoying!" He finally snapped and ran into the living room, jumping on top of Felix. A grin spread across his face as he playfully started smacking his friend's shoulder.

"Changbin save me!~" Felix let out a dramatic gasp, reaching over to the black haired guy who had just managed to squirm away from the chaos.

"Suffer." Changbin said in a raspy voice, crossing his arms as he watched.

"You're like little kids, I swear." Minho finally stepped into the living room, taking a seat on the armchair, next to the couch.

"Not my fault he's being so annoying..." Jisung finally rolled off of Felix, leaning back in exhaustion. He hasn't had this much fun in a while. It all seemed distant though. Constant thoughts of this being the last time he would see his friends made his smile fade away, replaced with a soft pout.

"Wanna play gonggi?" Felix suddenly asked. Changbin just nodded, looking over at Han.

"It's somewhere in my drawer upstairs." Jisung said, still out of breath from his play-fight with Felix.

"I'll go get it." Minho stood up. Being the caring guy he was, he didn't want exhausted Jisung to have to crawl up the stairs. He walked out of the room, finding his way to Han's bedroom. He'd only been there a few times before but it wouldn't be too difficult to find the game.

×××

"Binnie, why do you always look so angry?~" Felix scooted over to his boyfriend. Him and Changbin have been dating for a few months at this point. Even though the two of them and Han have been friends since elementary school, the two guys only recently realized they saw each other this way.

"I'm not angry, Lix." Changbin wrapped his arm around the boy's waist, pulling him closer. Felix smiled and kissed his partner's cheek before resting his head on his shoulder.

"You two are disgusting..." Han sighed with a hint of jealousy in his words. Ever since his two best friends got together he had been left completely alone. Not wanting to be the third wheel but also struggling to find someone else to hang out with, Jisung just shut the world away.

"What, you jealous, mate?~" Felix chuckled, sticking his tongue out at his friend.

×××

Minho looked around Jisung's bedroom. The blinds were still closed, making the room seem gray and melancholic. 'There it is' he thought, noticing the table over by the window. He opened one of the two drawers, wondering if he'd guessed correctly.

"Oh.." the guy realized it wasn't the right one. All he saw in it was a small plastic box and a piece of lined paper, carefully folded in half. "Curiosity killed the cat, huh?" He murmured to himself as he carefully picked the paper up and unfolded it.

"To mom, dad, and my friends.

I want to apologise to all of you.

I don't think there is enough paper in the world for me to write a full explanation for what I've done. The world has become quite a lonely and dark place and I don't want to fight myself anymore. Please don't blame yourselves, it's my choice to end this mess of a life. I hope you're not mad, I will miss you.

- Han Jisung,
October 13th"

Quickly skimming through the words, his eyes widened in surprise.  With his suddenly shaking fingers, he traced the edge of the paper, rereading the messily written text over and over.
"In three days...this isn't right." He slowly put the paper down and pushed the drawer shut, feeling uncomfortable, cold chills on his back.

×××

"My mom called, I'm sorry, I have to go." Minho announced as he picked up his bag and walked to the front door. Visibly shaken up, the guy struggled to put his shoes on.
"Is everything alright?" Jisung hurried after the brown haired male, wondering what happened.

"Yeah, I'm sorry to leave so early. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" He emphasized the last part, looking into Jisung's eyes. The other just nodded, still confused. He decided not to ask anything else and just stared at Minho as he walked away from the house.

"See you tomorrow..."

×××

Author's note -

Hey guys, this is one of my first serious fanfictions, I'd love to hear your feedback, feel free to point out any mistakes I've made or give some recommendations! This fic will have 4 parts so stay tuned lol