1 Day

Step...step...step...

Jisung walked into his favorite cafe. Opening the door, he was accompanied by ringing of a small bell, hanging down from the ceiling. He breathed in the sweet aroma, enjoying the warm atmosphere of the place. Taking a quick look around Jisung spotted his date sitting at the table over by the window. The guy's hair was hanging over his eyes as he sat still, seemingly lost in his thoughts. Han came closer, finally gaining Minho's attention. With a shy, sweet smile he sat across from the guy.

"How are you?" Minho asked, gazing into Han's eyes as if trying to read the boy's mind. What is happening inside his head?

"I'm okay, thank you for inviting me..." Jisung murmured, running his fingers through his wavy hair. He pulled a strand behind his ear, noticing how long it has gotten since the last time he got a haircut. "What about you?"

Minho held his breath, not wanting to answer truthfully. Inside he was burning up, so many things he wanted to say to the boy but it would be too much all at the same time.

"I'm good, glad you're here with me today." he finally responded, watching as a waiter walked up to their table.

"Hello gentlemen, ready to order?"

×××

Jisung slowly sliced off a piece of his perfectly smooth cheesecake, bringing the spoon up to his mouth.

"...also writing. I've been doing that a lot lately." He was telling Minho about things he enjoyed. The brunet was just happy to hear his date ramble on about the little things he found interesting or fun. He would do anything just to listen to Han's voice for the rest of eternity.

"Will you let me hear your songs then?" Minho asked once Han stopped talking, the question caused the blond's ears to turn red as he quickly shook his head.

"No way! That's embarrassing." He chuckled, making Minho's heart skip a beat.

"You're so cute..." Minho sighed, putting his coffee cup down and resting his chin in his hands. Han raised both his hands, quickly waving them in protest. He seemed so energetic and full of life, reminding Minho of the Han he had met all those months ago. It felt like he was finally back. Minho had missed him. "Can I tell you something?"

Curious, Jisung looked up at Minho again, finishing up the last piece of his cheesecake. He was ready to listen.

"I've been trying to understand myself for a while." Minho began "I can't exactly explain everything that I feel but I want you to know that just seeing your smile, hearing your voice, makes me feel some special sort of way...

I really like you, Han Jisung."

Han's mouth slowly opened as he froze, trying to comprehend what was said to him. Blood rushed to his cheeks making them burn. He slid his hand across the table, resting it on top of Minho's.

"I..."

"I'll take your plates, will that be all for you?" The waiter came seemingly out of nowhere with the worst timing possible.

×××

The walk home seemed to be endless as the two walked alongside each other. Jisung's hand felt warm in Minho's tight yet gentle grip.

"Hey Minho." Han broke the silence, looking up at the other for a split second.

"Mhmn?"

"I never got to finish." He took a short breath.
"I don't want to tell you how I feel because I don't want to hurt you...and it's not for the reason you think it is!" He quickly corrected himself.

"What does that mean?" Minho stopped, looking down at the boy. God, he really made his heart do things.

"Okay...um. I think keeping it a secret now won't change much." He murmured, trying to justify opening up to Minho.

"From tomorrow on I won't be here anymore." Han stated. "I will be gone for good and telling you how I feel will only make this harder for you." His voice broke as he watched Minho's eyes fill up with tears. 'Oh god, please don't...' he thought.

Minho had always been strong. Even after twisting his ankle there were no tears, not a single time had he let anyone see him cry. However this was different, oh so different. It hurt more than he had ever imagined. Hearing those words escape Jisung's lips made his heart clench and shatter into million pieces.

"Hannie...I saw your note, I didn't know what to do." Minho felt as if he failed. Even after trying his hardest to remind the boy of the things that made him happy, he still wanted to leave. "Please don't do it, I don't want to be in a world without you in it."

Now it was Han's turn to cry. Quietly sniffling as his head dropped, he squeezed Minho's hand.
"You have to let me go, I'm sorry."

"Hannie please stay... I promise I will give you more reasons to go on, I'll do anything for you." Minho carefully lifted Jisung's chin up, looking into his watery eyes. "Just give me more time. The whole world will be at your feet..."

"Don't make me change my mind please. I've struggled for long enough and I just want it to be over, Minho. You don't understand how difficult it has been." Han tried holding back his sobs, chocking on air. "I want to do it and once I'm alone, nothing will stop me."

"Come home with me tonight, I don't want you to be alone."

"Minho, no."

"Please...!" The desperation in Minho's voice made Han lose the smallest amount of control he had left, stepping forward and pressing his face against the taller's shoulder.

"This is what I was afraid of the most..." He breathed out, feeling Minho's strong arms wrap around his shaking body, holding him tighter than he'd ever been held before.

"...now I think I'm too weak to do it." He finally admitted with a pained chuckle. "You're making me so weak, Minho."

"I would rather be here to keep you feeling weak than let you leave." Minho whispered, pressing his lips against the top of Han's head. "I will make your world a bright place again if you let me. Even though I might not be enough on my own, I will still do my very best, okay?"

Han answered with a tiny nod. Rethinking his choice, realizing that he couldn't let himself go just yet...

However the thoughts were still strong; just a bit more and he could be free, it would be so much easier than trying to claw his way out of this dark hole he had buried himself in.

×××

"Will you let me hug you again tomorrow?"

Minho's voice echoed in Han's head as he stared up at his ceiling, making his final decision.