Chapter Three

The crowd I'd been buried in buzzed about, eager to greet the new VKs coming over from the Isle today. Typically, the five of us just waited for the special limo to show up and left, but this time, something extra had been planned. Something told me Carlos and I both knew what it was, but neither of us wanted to spill to early. I looked up at him and smiled, wrapping my hands around his arm. Belle and Adam adjusted their appearances one last time before the crowd erupted into unanimous cheers. Mal and Ben came around the corner, waving to our fellow students, who just so happened to also be their subjects. Fairy Godmother directed Mal to the stage, instructing her to stay there. She looked confused, but hopefully, it would only be a matter of time before she was smiling.

"Bippity-boppity, one-two, one-two, can everybody hear me?" The entire crowd cheered again, indicating her voice was ringing loud and clear. Ben reached down and took the golden microphone from the woman.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother." He took a nervous breath, pushing a smile on to his face to attempt and assure those of us in the front that he could do this. "What's up, Auradon? Thank you, thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. It worked out pretty well for the first five." I looked up at Carlos, chuckling a little. None of this would have happened if we were still on the Isle of the Lost, I can guarantee that.

"Yeah, especially for you!" My head whipped around, glaring at Chad. He stood with Audrey and her grandmother, the three of them sneering at the scene in front of them. Even though Audrey and Mal had attempted to 'start over', Audrey never really got over things.

Ben ignored the outburst, instead turning to Mal and taking her hand. I moved a little closer to Carlos, attempting to hide my beaming smile.

"Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life. But did I mention I'm in love with you?" A mix of 'aw's and giggles dusted over the speech at the reminder of the incident that started it all. Evie, Carlos, Doug, Jay, and myself all rushed to the side of the stage. Doug began to strum his guitar, and suddenly, Mal's hands flew to her face, covering her dropped jaw. "I met this girl who rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now look at what you've done, you've got me down on one knee."

Ben kneeled down, removing the ring from his pocket. Mal's eyes began to water as she gasped, looking as though she had to attempt to breathe. I reached up and took the mic from Ben's hands.

"Mal, it's you and me. It's you and me forever. Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?"

"No!" I heard Audrey scream, more in disbelief than any of the rest of us.

"Yes."

Thank God.

Everyone erupted into claps, screams, and cheers, congratulating the couple as he slipped the ring onto her finger. None of us had doubts that she would say yes, but it was still a relief anyways. Evie and I broke away from the guys so they could have their little talk with Ben while we were with Mal, but I did catch, out of the corner of my eye, Carlos attempt to do a chest bump with King Adam, causing me to laugh.

"Makes our movie night seem a little tame," Doug muttered to Evie. She suddenly turned to face him.

"I love y--" Her expression quickly changed. "Movies

"Me, too."

"Yeah." I raised an eyebrow. That was an entirely different issue in and of itself that would have to be solved at a later time.