Eight- Age 16

Miguel
***

"Love" I asked. Lucia walked over to me rolling her eyes.

"Yes" she sat next to me.

"My mum wrote back, it's safe to go back" I pulled her to my side. She smiled kissing my cheek.

"Finally" she shot up excitedly. "When can we leave"

"Today if you want" she nodded pulling me up.

"Yes, get ready" she grinned kissing my lips for a second then started packing.

"I'll be back, I've got to let Victor know" I walked out. Yelling came from the throne room. I opened the door and saw someone in there. "Sorry" I closed the door.

"Miguel come in here for a second" I heard Victor yelled. Great. I walked in closing the door behind me. I took a step away from the big hairy dude next to me.

"Yes" I asked.

"This is Felix" Victor gestured to him.

"I'm the rightful air to the throne" He growled.

"No you're not, I am" Blanka yelled annoyed.

"Why don't you talk to your father" I asked. Her dad is still alive but is paralysed and sometimes can't speak.

Blanka stood up dragging him out. So that's going well.

"Mother wrote to me, everything's under control at home so Lucia and I are leaving, thanks for letting us stay" I told her. He smiled hugging me.

"No problem" he smiled. "Tell me what's happening at home" He reminded me. I nodded rolling my eyes.

Someone screamed making us run out. Who screamed. I checked on Lucia and she looked worried.

"Who was that" she asked.

"I don't know, I came in here to check on you" I looked down the hallway. Someone screamed again. I ran to Blanka's fathers room. Lucia was following behind mr.

Her dad was on the floor with a pile of blood under him. His neck was sliced open. Victor was in the room with his hands up. Felix had Blanka in his arms with a knife to her throat. His back was to the doorway. I grabbed my sword and I put a finger to my lips.

I stabbed the sword into his back twisting it. He screamed giving Blanka time to run out of hid arms. Victor grabbed his sword and stabbed his fat gut.

"Are you okay" I asked Blanka as she got onto the bed to get away from the blood.

"Great" she grumbled.

========

"What do you mean they're dead" Lucia held back tears.

"Both of your father's died" My mum sighed. Lucia hugged me holding back tears.

"Are you okay, love" I asked.

"I've been better" she closed her eyes. "Stupid French" she grumbled. I smiled holding her closer.

"It'll get better" I kissed her cheek. She smiled pulling me to my old room.

"I have something to tell you" she whispered.

"What" I grabbed her hand.

"Uncle" Ruben asked. Great.

"Hi Ruben" he crouched down in front of him.

"Can you tell dad that I'm Hungry" he pointed to my door grabbing my hand.

"Why don't you tell him" I asked softly.