=With My Own Eyes=

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

-Oscar Wilde-

ARIANNA COX

The door was ajar and I was pushed it open. I stood at the door. Her naked legs were wrapped around Matteo's naked torso. He threw her on the bed and ontop of Matteo was indeed Stacy. She was riding Matteo like a horse and my breath caught in my throat. I felt the tears brimming my eyes.

"Some friend you are Stacy. I hope it was worth it Matteo." They froze as they heard my voice.

Matteo was surprised, "Arianna, what are you doing here?" Stacy looked horrified.

"Stacy must've butt-dialed me. I came here to witness this for myself." I smiled weakly, "Goodbye." I slammed the door behind me.

"Arianna, wait." I walked away and ignored Matteo. I walked in on him and my best friend and he still dared to come after me. Disgraceful.

He came fumbling downstairs, trying to get his pants on. I ignored him. I exited the house and kept walking. I wasn't running, just walking. I was walking home and I let the cool rain wash over them, a feeling of renewal and cleanliness was ignited throughout me. The numbing effect of the icy rain was finally setting in and for the first time since dad left, I cried. I finally let go and cried. I was as fragile as glass and I broke.

The harder I cried, it seemed the harder the rain poured. It was as if the sky was crying as much I did. For the first time, I acknowledged the rain. It comforted me because it rained as if the sky felt my pain.

I was about five minutes from home and running in the rain with an umbrella was Oliver. I didn't want Oliver to see me crying. I didn't want to show how vulnerable I was. The rain mixed with my tears. He stood by me and held the umbrella over my head.

He didn't say anything about what he heard on the phone, nor did he ask why I ran into rain, or where I went. I appreciated that.

"Thanks," I spoke lowly.

"For what?" Oliver questioned as he covered me in a warm sweater. Then he slung his arm around my shoulders.

"Thank you for coming to get me," I told him sincerely.

He nodded, "I was always coming to get you, Anna." I smiled and the two of us walked home together.

I was no longer worried if Oliver could see my tears or if he knew. Because when Oliver approached me, he had no idea that I was crying. Standing in the rain and crying my heart out, it hid my pain, it hid my shame.

The rain didn't wear the mask of something bad anymore. The rain was my friend. It gave me comfort when I needed it. It might have just been in all in my head but the rain was my shield. It was obvious that I was hurting, but to Oliver, I never cried. Even though I was breaking down, the rain, it veiled everything. It made me appear stronger than I was. The rain was my disguise. This is the reason I love rain.