the read-through

Ricky was stumped. He had told the girl that he liked that he actually liked someone else. Why? Good question, Ricky had no idea. So now, Ana Sofia was helping him come up with a plan to get Nini back, but he was hoping to use it on her. Would it work? Most likely not. The only person Ricky had told about liking Ana Sofia was his best friend of ten years, Big Red.

Said ginger-haired boy was currently spraying Ricky with aftershave. "I'm gonna turn this around with Ana. With pheromones. Last spring, I was at the mall with Nini and this woman ambushed me, but Nini loved it, so I figured, girls are like all the same, right? So if Nini loved it, Ana is bound to as well."

"Makes sense."

"One more. That's good."

"Yeah."

He sprayed all of him.

Meanwhile, Ana Sofia was nervous for the read through. She was playing Gabriella Montez, the main character of the entire show. Sure it wasn't her first choice, but was she going to complain about getting the lead? No. Besides, Seb was born to play Sharpay.

She had played big parts before, even leads, but for some reason she was most worried to play opposite Ricky. Her freshman year, West High had done Grease, where she played Marty. The year following, Ana Sofia played Anita in West Side Story. Which was a huge accomplishment for a Sophomore.

When she was only a kid, she even played on a broadway stage. But that's a story for another time.

She'd asked Ricky if he needed a ride to school, the young Bowen boy was being strangely evasive, saying he had something to do before school. The girl was confused, but still got each of them a Strawberry Acai Refresher from the Starbucks drive through.

"Could everyone take their assigned seats?"

Ana Sofia sat next to Ricky and passed him his drink, smiling at the boy as he received it gratefully.

"Are you wearing my hoodie?"

"Bubba, you left a nude hoodie that says drama at my house and you expect me not to wear it?"

"Of course, what was I thinking?"

"You so get me, mi principe."

"Well I did spend pretty much three months straight with you, princesa."

Ana Sofia raised an eyebrow. "You finally learnt some Spanish."

"It's like you always say..." The boy started, to be continued by the both of them.

"Everything sounds better in Spanish."

"And was I wrong, mi principe?"

"Not at all, princesa."

They were interrupted by Miss Jen. "Excuse me."

No one did anything.

"Do you know what that means? Silence your phones. I realize that you all walked in here as strangers."

"Actually EJ's my cousin."

Miss Jenn ignored her and continued her boring speech as though Ashlyn had never said anything.

"But after today, you're a family." Ana Sofia looked at her musical love interest, to find him already smiling at her.

"One tribe, committed to lifting this classic film to new heights."

"I wouldn't really call it a classic." Ana mumbled very lightly under her breath, so only Ricky could hear it and laugh.

"Please take your neighbor's hand." Ana gladly took Ricky's hand, running her thumb in circles on it.